Job Title: Supply Chain Officer – Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Save the Children
Job Location: Uganda
Save the Children Profile:
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world and has been implementing programs for over 90 years. Save the Children envisions a Uganda in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We strive to create impact for children by delivering our Programmes through partnerships, by being innovative, by acting as the voice for and of children, and by achieving results at scale.
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Officer, to be based in Nakivale. The Supply Chain Officer will support the field office in the provision of logistics management, ensuring that this is done through timely service delivery to the field programmes in line with SCI policies, procedures and guidelines. He/she may be called upon as and when necessary to support the wider emergency team in cases of humanitarian crisis. Performance of tasks shall be executed in a manner that promotes value for money in accordance to SCI standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Team Leader and with Technical support from Field Supply Chain Coordinator, the post-holder will ensure efficient and effective day to day compliance and implementation of the supply chain management system in accordance with the SC policies, guidelines and procedures in Nakivale.
- The Supply Chain officer will implement the procurement, fleet, stores/ warehouse and asset management within the area of operation.
- S/he is charged with the supervision of drivers and management of relationships with service providers.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Minimum Qualifications for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021:
- The applicant for the Save the Children Supply Chain Officer job placement must hold a bachelor’s degree in Procurement and supply chain or logistics management, Business administration with bias in procurement and supply chain management, Qualifications in related professional course like CIPS or CILT will be of added advantage.
- One year of relevant working experience, preferably with International NGOs, and good understanding of major donor’s procurement requirements, conditions and government budgets and tax policies.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to generate financial reports and meet set deadlines and with good integrity.
- People management skills.
- Good integrity and trust worthy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international and local policies and frameworks relating to supply chain.
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical skills and planning abilities.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
How To Apply for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 30th August 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.