Job Title: – Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021 Accountant
Organization: Save the Children
Job Location: Kampala
Save the Children Profile:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Save the Children is seeking job applications for the position of Accountant.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Accountant will provide support to the Field office location by managing the filing system
- Proper petty cash management and initiating payments to suppliers in a timely manner as well as making advance payments to staff in line with the set policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Under the supervision of the Field Finance Manager, the post-holder will ensure efficient and effective day to day collection of field data and inputting data into the Finance system.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA-Accounting), Bachelor of Science in Accounting or any other related field. Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet analysis.
- At least two years working experience in the related field
- Partial or full completion of ACCA or CPA and knowledge of GAAP
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Health, Education, HIV/AIDS or Child Protection program delivery
- Ability to speak local language and directly interact with target group will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Excellent time management and planning capacity.
How To Apply for Pride Microfinance Uganda Jobs
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 27th March 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.