Jobs at:SeaOwl Energy Services
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SeaOwl Energy Services is part of the SeaOwl Group, an international service provider specialised in a wide range of Recruitment, Manpower Contracting & Management, Asset Management, Training, Professional Services and Integrated Services for the Construction, Energy, Extractives, Logistics, Mining and Manufacturing sectors.
On behalf of our Client in the Extractives sector, we are looking for competent individuals to fill the following position:
Position Report to:
Industrial Area HSE Supervisor South
The job holder will be responsible for the following tasks;
• To monitor construction Contractors to ensure that project safety, health and environmental requirements are met.
• To support the Industrial Area HSE Supervisor on site ensuring that the Construction Contractor is fully conversant with all Company project HSE related standards and procedures.
• To undertake regular site visits to assess the work quality and delivery of the Construction Contractor and intervene as appropriate to ensure that activities progress in line with the project schedule and with due respect to HSE requirements.
• To demonstrate commitment to HSE excellence through personal conduct.
• To attend Company/Contractors/Subcontractors HSE meetings and any other meetings as required.
• To liaise with contractors' HSE personnel and project team.
• To review and comment on contractor documentation, method statements and risk assessments.
• To ensure principal contractor carries out audits and monitor reports.
• To take part in/Organize audits of installations and operations, check on their conformity to reference documents.
• To ensure principal contractor maintains up to date register of site activities including number of personnel on site.
• To ensure HSE team Carry out spot-checks on plant, equipment and competency records.
• To ensure that personnel meet individual and collective HSE/HSE Trainings and competence requirements.
• To ensure principal contractor promotes a culture of HSE/risk management throughout construction and commissioning works.
• To ensure principal contractor implements HSE strategy and processes that represent best Industry practices and are compliant with legislation, Total standards and contract requirements.
• To take part in/Supervise the incident, accident and anomaly investigations and analyses.
• To ensure all Incidents are reported and investigated at a level commensurate with Total guidance.
• To ensure the follow-up and execution of actions determined after incident, accident, audit.
• To provide daily HSE reports.
• To participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings as required for the role.
• To ensure follow-up of HSE performances and necessary benchmarking.
• To participate in/Ensure planning of HSE performance improvement and associated monitoring.
• To compile necessary reports (daily/weekly/monthly) which shall include all contractors HSE information and analysis of HSE performance indicators.
• To ensure coordination, reporting and transmission of feedback to Industrial Area HSE Supervisor.
• To ensure that appropriate waste management in being implemented by Company, Project Contractors and subcontractors.
• To ensure the protection of the environment and the monitoring of Project environmental performances.
• To carry out any other task that may be assigned to him/her.
• To act on behalf of the Industrial Area HSE Supervisor in his/her absence if required.
• Recognized professional safety qualification, Chartered Safety Professional preferred.
• NEBOSH General or International Certificate.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Oil and Gas, Petrochemical and Refining industry specifically infrastructure/construction projects, with thorough knowledge on various safety regulations, standards, procedures. Candidate should preferably have previous experience in HSE Supervisory role.
• Knowledge of Total group standards and/or previous experience with other major IOC’s in oil and gas construction projects.
• Good presentation skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in the implementation of behavioral safety systems and analyzing the data produced.
• Understanding of oil and gas production equipment, processes and utility systems
• Experienced in performing HSE audits, inspections and reviews within Project and Contractors.
• Experienced in investigation, review and analysis of work-related accident/incident including root cause and lessons learned and ensuring implementation and close-out of preventive and corrective actions.
• Experienced in providing safety training and awareness courses to company staff and Contractors.
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ability and willingness to effectively and robustly challenge the views of contractors and internal contacts.
• English mandatory.
• Valid Medical Certificate which complies with company Standards
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the criteria as outlined above are encouraged to send a detailed CV ONLY by email to:
Via email: [email protected]
Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or need any clarifications
Tel. & WhatsApp: +256 (0) 761 441 554
Deadline for CV submission: Sunday, May 15th, 2022 – 5:00 PM.