Job Title: – RHU Jobs 2022 Internal Audit and Compliance Officer
Organization: Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) Profile
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) is a Member Association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and its core mandate is to champion, provide and enable universal access to rights-based Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services to vulnerable and underserved communities and to young people. The role of the engagement with RHU and its partners is to ensure that SRHR are respected, protected, and fulfilled as a goal in itself, and as a fundamental means to gender equality, human well-being, and sustainable development.
Responsible for auditing the Association-wide internal controls, policies, procedures, accounting, and financial data of various units and departments to ensure accuracy and compliance with donor requirements, organizational policies, and local government guidelines and laws.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain updated knowledge of rules, regulations, and standards in the fields of internal audit and accounting and related matters of interest to the organization and the RHRN2 project.
- Perform transactions and compliance testing to evaluate the existence, efficiency, and effectiveness of internal control procedures.
- Prepare audit work papers in the audit program documenting and supporting audit procedures and techniques conducted.
- Perform financial and operational audits in a professional manner.
- Review periodically the operations of the partners of partners of RHRN partners.
- Support and contribute to issue resolution and capacity building of partners in financial management.
- Undertake any other professional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, and Business Administration. Audit & Accounting background a must.
- Active CPA or currently pursuing the course.
- Three (3) years of experience in internal audit or public accounting, with solid GAAP and internal control experience
Knowledge, Skills & Competences
- Detail-oriented with a strong commitment to quality and accuracy.
- Strong sense of accountability to achieve business results and established objectives.
- Professional presence and positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to identify areas or weaknesses and support with recommendations.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently collect, consolidate, extract, and summarize data from multiple locations, systems, and programs.
Other Personal Attributes
- Collaborative, analytical, and highly organized
- The candidate must adhere to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role
- The candidate must be pro-choice
How To Apply for RHU Jobs 2022
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email: [email protected] clearly indicating the Position Title in the email subject line. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 5th August 2022 at 5:00 pm