Job Title: Diploma Electrician – RHSP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Job Location: Kalisizo
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) Profile:
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative biomedical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
The Electrician is responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assess electrical needs and budget for them
- Participate in pre-acquisition and evaluation of proposed new equipment and electrical installations, for the purpose of advising on special technical requirements
- Liaise with the Estates supervisor in addressing electrical malfunctions and advise when external technical support is required
- Ensure that maintenance is executed on electrical equipment in alignment with requirements stipulated in the Service Level Agreements by following up with the service providers
- Assess electrical faults within electrical installations and rectify them
- Carry out electrical/solar wiring and installations of all RHSP owned and rented premises
- Clean Electrical equipment
- Ensure safe power supply and proper function of all power sources and power controls
- Supervise acceptance testing of new equipment and installations prior to commissioning
- Conduct in-house user training about equipment safety and maintenance within the scope of experience and training
- Monitor use and performance of equipment, submit to management relevant information for replacement and disposal
- Maintain electrical plants of RHSP in their good working condition
- Safeguard electrical equipment against bad voltage and currents
- Maintain the cleanliness and operational standards of the electrical engineering workshop/workspace
- Prepare RHSP electrical billing information in a timely manner.
- Any other duty (ies) as assigned to him/her by the Counseling Supervisor from time to time
- Minimum Diploma in Electrical Engineering / Installation General.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Ability to distinguish colours in order to work with colour-coded wiring
- Problem Solving skills
- Ability to work in remote areas
- Supervisory skills
- Effective Communication and report writing skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision.
How To Apply for RHSP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can hand deliver their applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees and copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the HR Manager at the head office along Old-Bukoba Road in Kalisizo. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Deadline: 30th April 2021 by 5:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .