Research Fellow – Feeds and Forage
Jobs at:International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI),
Deadline of this Job:
01 March 2021
Within Uganda , Several Locations , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
On behalf of the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), the Alliance of Bioversity
International and CIAT is now seeking for a qualified candidate to serve as a Research Fellow-
Feeds and Forage. Both ILRI and The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT are CGIAR
For further information on ILRI, consult the website at:
Under the supervision of the Country Representative – ILRI, the incumbent will support the
implementation of Forage Seed Systems and Livestock CRP pig value chain feeds research
activities/interventions on a 50:50 basis across all the two project sites in Uganda. The position will
be based in Kampala, Uganda.
Under the supervision of the Country Representative- ILRI, the Research Fellow will provide support
on the implementation of research activities on two research projects in Uganda. More specifically
• Carry out literature review and write up of reports forage seed business models
• Monitor and collect data along the distribution chains for each business model
• Synthesize value chain analysis findings and develop a working paper and other outputs
• Develop and finalize pilot protocol of forage seed business models
• Analyze data, reporting and feedback from and to stakeholders
• Provide technical support and capacity building for multiplication, packaging and marketing
of forage seeds
• Develop information and advocacy briefs for stakeholders
• Support Livestock CRP pig value chain feeds and forages activities in Uganda
Qualifications and competencies
• Master of Science degree in Nutrition, Agricultural economics or related field from a
• At least 3 years’ experience carrying out research and/or development work in the field of
• Proficiency in data collection, data analysis (SPSS, STATA, or R).
• Proficiency in capacity building and awareness creation.
• Ability to write technical reports and possess good communication skills (written and oral).
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but also participate as a team
member in accomplishment of duties
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and rural settings.
• Commitment to organization’s mission and core values
Terms and conditions:
This is a locally recruited position and all benefits are denominated and paid in Ugandan Shillings.
The Alliance of Bioversity CIAT remuneration package includes a competitive salary, leave provisions
and medical insurance. The initial contract will be for a period of one year, subject to a probationary
period of six months and is renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat-jobs to get full details of the position and to
submit their applications which should include letter of application, CV and names/contacts of at
least three professional referees not later than Monday 1st March, 2021. Applications should cite
reference number ABC-UG-05 Research Fellow – Feeds and Forages as the position applied for.
Applications should be saved as one document using the candidate’s last name, first name for ease
of sorting. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Alliance does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview
meeting, processing or training). The Alliance also does not concern itself with information on
applicants' bank accounts.