The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT is seeking to recruit qualified individuals to fill the position of Research Associate-Nutrition to support implementation of the grant action especially on the Nutrition sensitive interventions across all the project value chains. The successful candidate will be based in Dokolo Town, Lango Sub-region, working in 2 of the seven districts of the project. The position will be for a two-year contract renewable subject to availability of funds, a successful probation period and high performance throughout the implementation of the project.
Under direct supervision of the Alliance’s project’s principal investigator, the specific roles of the Research Associates will be as follows:
· Participate in district level project team meetings to represent The Alliance, share updates and in turn provide feedback to The Alliance team.
· Work closely with the Community Development Supervisors (CDSs) and Community Development Volunteers (CDVs) in their districts of operation to ensure nutrition activities are implemented as per plan.
· Collection of any needed data or information from the field either directly or by engaging the CDSs and CDVs within their districts of operation.
· Prepare and submit clean datasets from field data collected.
· Prepare quarterly, mid-term and annual district technical reports on progress with regards to the Alliance’s related activities and submit to the supervisor.
Qualifications and competencies
· Diploma or bachelor’s degree in the field of nutrition or community development or related field from a recognized institution
· At least 2 years’ experience carrying out research and/or development work in the field of nutrition or community development
· Experience in data collection, data analysis (SPSS, STATA, or R)
· Experience in capacity building and awareness creation activities
· Experience in technical reports writing and good communication skills (written and oral)
· Experience working with rural communities
· Knowledge of Langi and/or Iteso is highly desired
Terms and conditions:
This is a locally recruited position and all benefits are denominated and paid in Ugandan Shillings. The Alliance Bioversity CIAT remuneration package includes a competitive salary, leave provisions and medical insurance. The initial contract will be for a period of 2 years, subject to a probationary period of 6 months and is renewable subject to availability of funds, a successful probation period and high performance throughout the implementation of the project.
How to apply
Applicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat-jobs to get full details of the position and to submit their applications which should include letter of application, CV and names/contacts of at least three professional referees not later than Friday 4 th December, 2020. Applications should cite reference number BVI-UG-001 Research Associate as the position applied for. Applications should be saved as one document using the candidate’s lastname, firstname for ease of sorting. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.