- Company: The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening. DI wishes to recruit motivated and competent individuals to fill the vacancies below:
Job Title: 3 Regional Laboratory Technologist Vacancy Code: RLTX001 Classification: Fixed-term (Contract), full-time Reporting to: Laboratory Services Specialist Salary: Commensurate with training and experience Duty station: District Field Coordination Offices (Jinja, Gulu, Mbarara)
General Description: The Regional Laboratory Technologist will be responsible for implementing laboratory strengthening activities of the LSDA project in Uganda. S/he will provide technical support to laboratories, the Ministry of Health, and stakeholders on developing or updating laboratory strategies and assist with the planning and implementation of QMS and CQI activities to improve the quality and performance of HIV/TB-related diagnostic services. The position is expected to develop collaborative relationships with other project staff, interact with internal and external clients and partners, and bring innovative ideas, methodologies and approaches to problems associated with HIV and other HIV-related diseases.
Main Duties: • Build capacity of HCWs to provide Quality HIV testing services in facilities and communities • Build capacity of Laboratory staff in supported facilities to provide quality laboratory tests required for diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of HIV related Illnesses for adults. • Build capacity of Laboratory staff to provide quality laboratory required for diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of TB. • Adapt to National standards and Maturation System based on the principles the Lab Quality Management System (Organization, infrastructure, equipment, sample collection management, process control (QA/QC), documentation, infection control and safety, assessment of the labs customer care, process improvement and information management) and link the standards to the Laboratory strengthening • Program. • Developing a QA/QA system (internal quality control system and external quality control system, SOPs and manuals) and ensuring their use in selected facilities. • Establish and monitor Equipment Management and Maintenance Systems in target • Laboratories • Establish and monitor Supply Chain Management Systems and ensure timely ordering of buffer stocks for target labs. • Oversee Hub operations, sample transportation and result transmission systems. • • Support processes geared towards accreditation of laboratories in supported districts. • Any other duties as may be assigned by management
• Educational Requirements: • Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Laboratory technology/ Sciences • Full and active registration with the Allied Health Professionals council. • Training in laboratory quality management systems and biorisk management systems.
• Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: • At least 3years’ experience in laboratory planning, management, and QA/QC • Experience in design, development and implementation of lab systems at different levels in the health services. • Experience in analysis and reporting of data for program decision-making. • Good report / proposal writing and presentation skills. • Experience in providing technical Assistance to large scale HIV/AIDS HSS • laboratories within MoH structures and systems
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these position should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact not later than 30thNovember 2021. Please follow this link https://idi.mak.ac.ug/hrms to apply for this position.
Key Notes: • IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process • Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority. • Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
• Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted • Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. The Senior Human Resource Manager Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus; College of Health Sciences, Makerere University P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda