*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to work independently, with little or no supervision to analyze allegations, initiate, plan, lead and conduct investigations. Write reports documenting investigative plans and investigative results, and follow-up on specific investigation assignments. The successful candidate will work under the guidance of the Global Internal Audit (GIA) Director of Global Investigations to perform the following tasks:
- Analyze, oversee and conduct preliminary assessment of misconduct allegations to determine the veracity of possible violations of World Vision (WV) policy or law.
- Initiate, plan, conduct, support and oversee investigations related to complex fraud, corruption, bribery, kickbacks, extortion, conflict-of-interest, product substitution, embezzlement, theft, ethical misconduct, mismanagement, waste and abuse.
- Prepare and evaluate detailed reports, such as investigative plans, engagement memos, reports of investigation and quarterly investigative reports. Provide oral and written briefings to senior leadership.
- Conduct a full range of investigative activities to include, but not limited to, analyzing documents, such as financial records, conducting research, conducting surveillance, conducting witness and subject interviews.
- Coordinate and conduct investigative activities in conjunction with other WV investigators, WV Global Centers (GC), National Offices (NO), Regional Offices (RO), WV legal offices, law enforcement agencies, donors, NGOs, banks and other entities.
- Provide investigative training and guidance to staff and Jr. investigators regarding detecting and investigating misconduct.
- Develop and support implementation of preventive measures to mitigate fraud risk. Identify fraud trends and recommend appropriate actions to mitigate the risk to WV.
The incumbent will also be instrumental in rolling out and streamlining GIA strategic initiatives aimed at improving the effectiveness and efficiency of its assurance and advisory services. Thus, the position is responsible and accountable for:
- Leading investigative teams, training and building capacity of the investigator assigned on GC investigative assignments.
- Work strategically to align investigations goals with WV 2030 goals by collaboration with internal and external stakeholder.
- Effective engagement and collaboration with clients.
- Recommending changes to GIA’s investigative procedures and tools based on knowledge gained by the conducting investigations.
- Persuasive and timely communication of risks to WVI management.
- Promoting a Christ-centered internal investigative environment.
Lead and/or conduct fraud, waste and abuse related investigations in WV offices, and GC departments, in response to reported violations of WV policies or law. Conduct or support investigations relating to ethical misconduct and mismanagement.
- Prepare investigation Plans, conduct preliminary investigations. Prepare reports for approval by the Director of Investigations or her/his designee.
- Conducts entry and exit meetings following the investigations protocol.
- Analyze and evaluate data to provide facts regarding investigations. Provide conclusions and remedies to management and key stakeholders based on investigative findings.
- Prepare reports with sufficient evidence as the basis for conclusion for review by supervisor.
- Interpret and makes recommendations on investigation policies, procedures, practices and processes.
- Supervise and guide other investigators in execution of the assigned investigation assignments.
- Review investigative activity and reports prepared by other members of the investigations team.
- Conducts on-going training and provide technical guidance to other investigators.
Maintain and regularly update investigative activity in EthicsPoint, investigations tracker and dashboard.
Ensure travel and logistics are within WV guidelines. Ensure travel expenses including obtaining visas are within the budgeted amount for all investigations.
Professional Development & Quality Assurance.