Regional Human Resources Officer
Jobs at:Lutheran World Federation
Deadline of this Job:
24 February 2021
Within Uganda , Adjumani , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is part of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWFDWS), an international humanitarian and development agency. LWF Uganda works to reduce people's vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda is currently operating in Pader, Kitgum, Lamwo, Adjumani, Moyo Luuka, Kamwenge, and Kampala Districts: Please check https://www.lutheranworld.org for more details
The LWF Uganda Program is looking for mature, qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Regional Human Resources Officer (1)
Place of Assignment: Adiumani Sub Program with frequent travel to palorinya and lamwo
Reports to: Support Services Coordinator
The Regional Human Resource officer will be responsible for workforce management to enhance organizational efficiency and effectiveness through proper handling of policies, procedures ind systems that influence employee behavior and attitudes for required performance. S/He will perform His/her duties in a timely and efficient manner according to the agreed LWF Uganda, and Donor Guidelines, and provide leadership and coordination for all aspects related to HR in Adjumani, Lamwo and palorinya Sub-programs. .
Duties & Responsibilities:
HR Policies, Procedures & Strategies
• National staff Policy: Monitors the implementation of the LWF Uganda National staff policy and makes periodic reports with recommendations for review in line with developments in LWF Uganda program and the Uganda legal framework.
• HR strategy; Develops the HR strategy and takes lead in implementation of the strategy in areas of recruitment, performance management, staff retention, training & lndustrial Relations.
Talent Management (Recruitment, Training, Performance Managemen! Succession planning)
• Recruitment: Oversees and coordinates staff recruitment/ selection and ensures that the correct procedures are adhered to and Right Person for The Right Job (RpRl) principle is actualized
• Performance Management; Ensures continuity of the LWF Uganda performance Management System and in conjunction with the Departmental Heads and Team Leaders, ensures that regular staff performance appraisals are conducted and that subsequent feedback and follow-ups are made.
• Succession Planning: Ensure continuity through effective succession planning; career maps within departments, job rotations, iob shadowing job enrichment and enlargement.
• Staff Training & Development; Develop, implement and monitor staff training and development program in conjunction with Department Heads and Team Leaders.
• Job Descriptions; Monitors appropriateness of job descriptions and person specifications and makes periodic reports with recommendations for review. ' contracting; In collaboration with Head office, ensures that all staff in the designated sub programs have upto date staff contracts, confirmations and ldentity cards, and that they are kept up-to-date at all times, as required.
Compensation & Benefits Management
• Ensure that staff issues regarding medical insurance are attended to and deletions and additions are done in good.time.
• Ensure submission of accurate payroll inputs to the HR officer at the Head office.
• Handle exits and gratuity payments for leavers in a timely manner in conjunction with the HR Officer at the Head Office.
• Staff Attendance: Ensure staff punctuarity, Leave tracking and management.
Employee Relations (Staff Welfare, Grievance Handling & Discipline Management)
• Discipline & Grievance Handling; Ensures that appropriate discipline and grievance handling mechanisms are adhered to by both management and staff for resolution of staff grievances and disciplinary cases'
• Staff Welfare: Take lead in designing and implementing staff welfare programs including Medical lnsurance, Group Personal Accident, on-site and off-site team-building/stress management activities etc'
• Handling Employee Concerns: The reference/ focal point for handling common employee workplace disputes and prepares reports for SSC. S/he acts as an advocate for employees and discusses any major concerns taking place within His/her area of designation'
• Management Reporting: Compile and submit to SSC periodic accurate, up to date reports on Staffturn over, talent Management, Staff Training, Headcount status and staff grievances.
• Compliance & Audits: Responsible for coordination of HR department audits and ensuring that external or internal auditors are provided with the required HR information for audit purposes
• HR Management information System; Maintains updated personnel files and records for all staff His/her area of designation in soft form and hard form and ensures safety and confidentiality of staff information
• Any other duty as assigned by Management'
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Education, Experience, Skills & Technical Competencies
• University Degree in Human Resource Management, Organisational Psychology, Development Studies or other relevant field of study;
• post Graduate training in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage;
• Minimum 5 years' experience in Human Resource Management
• Good problem Solving, Decision Making, interpersonal, Communication and negotiation skills;
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, to remain flexible and to make decisions independently'
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates who are interested in the above positions should submit an updated CV and Application letter in Pdf format and not more than 3mb, giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referee’s only through our recruitment email [email protected]
Please use the full job title of the position vou are applying for as the subiect line
Deaclline for receiving applications is Wednesday 24, February 2021 by 5:O0pm
LWF/Dws is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation' Persons with disabilities and Female candidates possessing the above requirements ore encouraged to apply' LWF/DWS is a signatory to the code of conduct for humanitarian agencies. our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries'
Onlv short-listed candidates will be contacted