Jobs at:World Vision Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
12 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
job requisition id
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Recruitment Manager
Report to: People and Culture Director
Location: Kampala - National Office
Advert Start Date: 4th May 2022
Advert End date: 12th May 2022
Purpose of the position:
To manage overall talent acquisition strategies and initiatives by providing end-to-end process support to hiring managers and P&C staff in identifying current and planned talent needs, recommending recruitment strategies and actively sourcing qualified and diverse talent aligned with World Vision Uganda strategy mission and values. The Recruitment Manager is responsible for conducting job evaluations and the management of casual labour services in the organization.
• Support hiring managers and P&C business partners in assessing staffing requirements/recruiting needs and developing recruitment strategies and plans.
• Develop annual Workforce plans to guide recruitment plans and activities
• Maintain up-dated information knowledge of constantly changing environment in the Uganda marketplace relative to the sourcing and recruitment of qualified professionals
Recruitment process management
• Take lead in the development and implementation of the World Vision Uganda recruitment strategy, policy and guidelines
• Act as advisor to Hiring Managers and P&C Business Partners on recruitment processes to determine job requirements, identify effective recruitment methods and strategies, and attract right fit candidates.
• Manage the recruitment process and life-cycle, including sourcing, initial assessments, interviews and assessments, reference and background checks, offer negotiation and contracting
• Manage candidate screening, interviewing, and assessments so as to select best suited candidates for roles while ensuring an engaging and memorable candidate experience.
• Regularly research and make recommendations regarding candidate compensation, market trends and recruitment strategies
• Maintain effective relationships with critical talent pipelines, internal business partners, and external vendors,
• Ensure continual capacity building of key managers and P&C staff in interviewing and recruitment skills
• Take lead in the management of Emergency Response recruitment to ensure that we have qualified and diverse talent pools ready for deployment
• Contribute to the management of the World Vision Uganda recruitment database system and ensure it is kept up to date on candidate selection criteria and availability.
Recruitment marketing and talent sourcing
• Identify and implement creative and effective recruitment methods, including social media channels, targeted advertising, niche job boards, and networking to attract right fit candidates.
• Develop and implement recruitment campaigns for passive talent
• Represent World Vision and champion employee value proposition at key organization, university and industry events.
• Develop and maintain active relationships with pipelines of talent for current and future employment opportunities in World Vision Uganda.
Manage external recruitment/ labour provider firm(s) relationships
• Management of external service provider for casual labour services
• Management of external service provider for recruitment services
New staff on boarding
• Ensure appropriate orientation/on-boarding guidance and support is provided to new hires in collaboration with the P&C Manager and L&D Manager
• Ensure new hire paperwork is completed in time and relevant parties are notified according to policy.
• Ensure reference and background checks are effectively conducted
Hay Job Grading
• Oversee the NO job grading processes including leading the process of grading new jobs, building capacity in National Office to undertake grading process and updating the JEM database
Leadership and People Management
• Provide leadership and guidance to the P&C Recruitment Officer and other recruiters (Hiring Managers and P&C Business Partners) on recruitment best practices
• Conduct continuous assessment, coaching, mentoring and counselling for the P&C Recruitment Officer
• Identify P&C Recruitment Officer’s capacity gaps and support/initiate strategies to remedy them. Support the career growth and development for the staff
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in either; Human Resources Management, Organizational / Industrial Psychology, or Social Sciences with Human Resource Management as a subject from an internationally recognized institution.
• Certification in Hay job evaluation is an added advantage
• Five years on the job experience in recruitment and/or Human Resources Management is required.
• Experience of managing high volume staff recruitment assignments across a wide variety of roles and professional sectors. Corporate and/or Agency recruiting experience is preferred
• Experience of using electronic recruitment systems is required
• Experience in recruitment especially of professional and technical positions (both national and international applicants).
• Proven ability to manage end to end recruitment processes with talent management skills.
• Ability to partner and collaborate with key stakeholders and ability to effectively network (over any medium of communication e.g. Internet, phone, face-to-face) across all levels of the organization internally and externally.
• Must have strong critical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills with great fluency in English
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and timely accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously, pro-actively as well as provide a high-level customer service.
• Possess cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Proactive personality, self-driven and strongly motivated.
• Spiritual maturity - ability to articulate and model our Christian identity and mission in an inclusive way.
• Demonstrated computer literacy (MS Office Suite: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and databases) with hands on experience in tracking recruitment outcomes/metrics.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply.