Jobs at:Jubilee Insurance
Deadline of this Job:
25 January 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Records Officer
Reporting to: Operations Manager - Retail
Matrix Reporting: Chief Operating Officer
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Records Officer, Jubilee Life Insurance Company of Uganda Limited. The position holder will report to the Operations Manager - Retail and will be based at Head Office in Kampala.
1. Maintain a proper records and filing management system.
2. Cross check files and ensure all necessary documents are in place.
3. Collection of claim folders from collection points in the department
4. Retrieval of files for department members on request.
5. Filing documents received in the department as required.
6. Archiving of closed files.
7. Liaise with the Head of Department and Procurement team on proper document archiving and disposal system.
8. Potentially overseeing the transition from paper to electronic management systems.
9. Performs other duties as required by management.
Job Specifications and Required Skills
1. Bachelor’s degree in records and archive management from a reputable institution or an relevant degree.
2. Administration planning, records management skills.
3. Excellent communication skills.
4. Good computer knowledge.
5.Customer Relation Management.
3. Team player
5. Good personal grooming
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via [email protected] quoting the Job Title by 25th January 2021 .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.