QC Technician (PVV)
Jobs at:SeaOwl Group
Deadline of this Job:
01 July 2022
Within Uganda , Bulisa , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Within the Tilenga (Upstream) Construction team, assistance is required to QC Technician Services.
Please note that a CSWIP Senior Welding Inspector 3.2 certificate is mandatory. Only Candidates with this valid certification will be considered.
• Support the QC Leader in respect of all technical (procedural/operational) issues relating to the Inspection function.
• Ensure that all aspects of Inspection are effectively carried out and that all technical specifications are in compliance with statutory regulations and Company standards.
• Ensure that all work undertaken is appropriately supervised and executed safely and in accordance with Company safety procedures.
• Undertake regular site visits to assess the work quality and delivery of the Contractor and intervene as appropriate to ensure Quality requirements are fully respected
• Supervise inspection personnel contracted through third party organisations to ensure their performance is compatible with the projects requirements.
• Undertake Inspection tasks and report results as required.
• Review/comment and approve contractor documentation
• Maintain accurate records and ensure that all Inspection staff on site are fully conversant with and have access to the relevant specifications and codes of practice.
• Liaise with Contractor Inspection teams to resolve any issues.
• Issuing and follow up of non conformance and corrective action reports.
• Ensure that all nonconformities are resolved, track trends and make recommendations to the QC Leader South and Project Management Team
• Realize necessary Quality control activities ensuring all the records are properly issued and filed
• Maintain good relationships with Contractors/Subcontractors, whilst ensuring the necessary controls are in place to achieve the objectives of the Project;
• Report activities which may have a detrimental effect on schedule and cost to the QC Leader South and Project Management Team
• Participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings as required
• Compile necessary reports (daily/weekly/monthly) related to his/her discipline and scope for the QC Leader South and Deputy Construction Manager/Construction Manager
• Carry out any other task that may be assigned to him/her.
Context and environment
A Green Field Project, the Tilenga development is to be carried out in a remote location in UGANDA near Albert lake with particularly sensitive environmental conditions.
A challenging onshore project; heavy and waxy oils produced from 31 drilling pads, (with some of them located in a national park) and treated in a Production Center of 200,000bopd oil capacity and 650,000 bld of water treatment capacity. Reservoir pressure maintenance is ensured either by water injection or by polymer water injection depending on the reservoirs characteristics. The project also includes an extended interconnecting network with temperature preservation.
Multicultural environment: Contractors are anticipated to be located in various parts of the world. Ugandan rules and regulations, administrative requirements and technical authorizations as well as International codes for onshore plant will apply.
• Primary objective is to ensure that all project QA/QC activities are conducted in a manner compliant with TOTAL E&P Group and TILENGA Project requirements.
• Quality Control Inspector shall provide technical advice and support in relation to surveillance activities in his area over main Contractors and other subcontractor/vendors activities. Monitoring of all aspect regarding the welding/NDE and PWHT allied to all structural and piping activities at site.
• Provide assistance to QC Leader South supervising and controlling the Contractors and their sub-contractors in all QA/QC and Inspection activities, in order to ensure that the Plant is constructed in compliance with COMPANY specifications, agreed external specifications, approved procedures and drawings, etc.
• Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy, maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards, actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
The Service Provider must have the following qualifications:
• HND or equivalent in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
• Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience preferably gained in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Refining industry with a recognized level of expertise, knowledge of welding, fabrication & NDT, knowledge of metallurgy.
• Current CSWIP Senior Welding Inspectors certificate, Good knowledge of NDE/NDT. Plant construction, Onshore/Offshore pipeline construction. Coating Plant Inspection.
• Experience of application of Quality Assurance Systems & auditing, familiar with relevant national and international codes & standards.
• General awareness of TOTAL E&P General Specifications and/or previous experience with other major IOC’s/Contractors in oil and gas construction projects.
• Ideal candidate shall be fully conversant with applicable Oil and Gas Industry International Codes, Standards as well as best Industry Practices.
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
• English mandatory. Valid Medical Certificate which complies with company Standards
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply