Job Title: Spray Manager – Q-Sourcing Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Q-Sourcing Servtec
Duty Station: Wakiso/Mukono, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Servtec Profile:
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Spray Manager to work in Wakiso/Mukono. The incumbent is in charge of the supervision of all activities related to spraying against pests and diseases which plays a major role in crop protection hence fulfilling one of the company’s core values of providing the best quality of the cuttings to the customers, making no concessions on the agreed result. And also taking care of the safety of the spray team and all those exposed to chemicals within the company.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure Responsible for completion of all Spray activities related to applications and record keeping. Maintains consistent communication with the Growing Manager to ensure clarity of intent and clarity of desired outcomes. Reads, interprets, and translates chemical labels to sprayers needed. Monitors and oversees spray applications to ensure safety and accuracy.
- Knows and practices the spray protocol, informs, corrects and trains so the complete spray team understands the protocol and works accordingly.
- Receives the spray program from growing manager and coordinates pre-operation set-up tasks to ensure complete understanding of crops to be sprayed, labor requirements and chemical availability.
- Supports the spray department audit process through recording information, such spray records, spray men attendance, personal protective equipment (PPE) usage, chemical application activities. He is also involved in the development and necessary updating of standard operating procedures (SOP) for all chemical application operations.
- Supports in ensuring that each spray man is in fit acceptable health condition through coordination of the blood cholinesterase level checks of all the spray men. This he does in coordination with the human resource department. He also ensures that every spray man has appropriate PPE and that they are all in proper working order. He also verifies need for replacement of PPEs and then makes the requisition.
- Responsible for ensuring that the work area, chemical storage area, and equipment in a condition that promotes good safety practices and is clean at all times.
- Accountable for mixing of the chemicals according to directions and ensure safety and also ensures coverage of areas to specified application rates. He then informs rest of the employees about the re-entry period for the sprayed chemical through sign posts he places on greenhouse entrances.
- Responsible for routine inspection of the machinery to ensure proper functioning and then Verify that the equipment is operating properly and safely. Recommends machinery, equipment and supplies necessary for optimum performance. Calibrates application equipment according to policy.
- Responsible for verification of spray men’s knowledge of tasks and specifics of the standard operating procedures. Co-ordinates the appropriate training and education on the safe use and operation of equipment and spraying techniques.
- He/she is responsible for recording the daily attendance of the spray men and then giving leave to them and he/she does this while ensuring that spraying duties with in the whole farm are not affected by the individual spray men absence in this particular period.
- In coordination with growing manager, human resources and company policy Provides direct supervision over spray staff to include discretionary authority to determine methods of work; plan, assign and direct the work; recommend spray personnel actions (promotions, wage adjustments, demotions, discipline, discharge, etc.); administer routine performance appraisals; and interview/select employees. Emphasis is to be placed on maintaining staffing at the appropriate levels to operate at peak efficiency and in developing continuity in spray team positions.
- Performs related duties as required. These may not be specifically listed in this spray supervisor job description, but are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the company’s classification of work.
- The applicant should have training in agricultural chemical application.
- Two years of experience as a spray man
- Experience in a supervisory role is also an added advantage
- Skill and Technical Knowledge of spray equipment with good and updated knowledge of newest spray techniques.
- Knowledge and ability to use a computer; Microsoft word, excel and Outlook.
- Experience with and knowledge of horticultural chemicals and their target pests and diseases is an added advantage
- Skill and ability to motivate, develop and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Skill and ability to evaluate systems – identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the company.
- Skill and ability to work independently using effective time management and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Pro-active in giving feedback
- Ability to Follow Instructions
- Excellent attention to Detail
- Team builder
- Potential hazards exist when working around chemicals, farm equipment and machinery.
- Spraying is done when all workers have left and so is done beyond daytime into the night and sometimes it may be required on a Sunday.
How To Apply for Q-Sourcing Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Q-sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
Closing Date: 19 th November 2021 by 05:00 pm