Prosthetics And Orthotics Consultant
Jobs at:Corsu Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
08 July 2022
Within Uganda , Entebbe , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct training of the P&O Team in the manufacture of high quality orthoses (AFOs, KAFOs, GRAFOs, SMOs, calipers and insoles) and prostheses (upper limb prostheses and Canadian prostheses).
• Actively take part in the examination and prescription; and designs the prosthetic/orthotic device, including the socket or body/device interface, suspension and selection of proper components.
• Advise on relevant aspects of patients requiring prosthetic/orthotic devices.
• Supervise, assist and train the P&O Team during the fabrication and fitting of the prosthesis and/or orthosis.
• Prescribe prosthetic or orthotic designs, including choice of materials, components and assistive mobility devices as well as seating and advising on the provision of wheelchairs.
• Advise the P&O team and participate directly in the ?nal check-out and evaluation of ?t, function and cosmesis.
• Where applicable, develop and actively participate in research programs.
• Where applicable, participate in scientific/professional meetings and contribute papers to scientific/professional journals.
• Use outcome measures to review treatment procedures to determine best practice.
• Take part in follow-up procedures as well as maintenance, repair and replacement of the appliance.
• Identify and introduce improved production methods for increasing efficiency.
• Participate in developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines for P&O team.
• Collaborate and consult with other multidisciplinary team members engaged in the management of the patient.
• Advice on continuing professional development for P&O team members.
• Advice management regarding CoRSU workshop needs regarding tools and equipment including maintenance.
• Assist in the organization of the unit for better workflow.
• Assist in the development of Guidelines, Protocols and SOPs for the Unit.
• Assist in developing an annual work plan for the unit and KPOs for the individual staff.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
• BSC in prosthetics and orthotics.
• Updated registration and annual practicing licence from Allied Health Professionals’ Council
• Good computer knowledge and documentation skills
• Knowledge of rehabilitation of people with disabilities especially children.
• Knowledge of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for orthopaedic workshops.
• Three years’ practical and hands-on working experience
• Good communications, presentation and social skills
• Good leadership and management skills
• Knowledge of English and at least two Ugandan local languages
• Analytical and organizational skills.
• Needs to be flexible and creative person.
• Advanced knowledge of the different technologies in rehabilitation.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://corsuhospital.org/jobdetail.php?jobid=100