Project Manager – Maternal and Newborn Health
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
14 May 2022
Within Uganda , Wakiso , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Project Manager – Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH) - Wakiso
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for a Project Manager -MNH. Save the Children’s focus will be on improving the quality of care for mothers (particularly those likely to deliver premature/small babies), and small and sick newborns by supporting delivery and institutionalization of evidence-based lifesaving interventions in a network of five health facilities in Kampala. The project manager will work with Save the Children’s field, regional and country offices, but will have leadership responsibility for the overall management of the award. S/he will provide strategic and operational leadership to implement a successful program. The Project Manager will ensure adherence to overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation, compliance with donor rules and regulations, and the timely submission of all deliverables, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, reports as required.
To be successful for this role you will bring/have the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in medicine, nursing, public health or a related field, or equivalent job experience.
• At least a minimum of 5 years’ experience in maternal and newborn health programming in Uganda at project management level or with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership.
• Demonstrated skills and experience in all aspects of project management.
• Demonstrated skills in leadership and supervision of staff and in building and maintaining a high performing team.
• Experience in promoting social inclusion and gender, including participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation.
• Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
• Demonstrated knowledge of grant regulations and policies.
• Exceptional communication and relationship management skills
• Strong quantitative skills, including proficiency in Excel.
• Ability to create compelling, logical presentations and reports, using PowerPoint, Word and other media.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Fluency in English required
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 14th May 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents