Jobs at:Lutheran World Federation
Deadline of this Job:
24 February 2021
Within Uganda , Kitgum , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is part of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWFDWS), an international humanitarian and development agency. LWF Uganda works to reduce people's vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda is currently operating in Pader, Kitgum, Lamwo, Adjumani, Moyo Luuka, Kamwenge, and Kampala Districts: Please check https://www.lutheranworld.org for more details
The LWF Uganda Program is looking for mature, qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Project Manager (1)
Place of Assignment: Kitgum Sub Program with frequent travel to Pader
Reports To: Sub Program Manager
The Project Manager will oversee and ensure that all activities related to the project are implemented in a timely and efficient manner according to the agreed LWF Uganda, and Donor Guidelines, and provide leadership and coordination for all aspects related to project activities in the designated Sub-Program. .
Duties and responsibilities
• Plans, coordinates, implements, supervises, monitors and evaluates all project activities under the project in line with the approved project documents and signed cooperation agreement
• Coordinates and supervises the Project Officers and Project Assistants under the project in the overall planning, management, implementation and monitoring of activities and takes appropriate action to ensure efficient and effective performance;
• Prepares periodic project work plans and budgets in conjunction with the section heads, the Sub Program
• Manager and Accountant to ensure appropriate utilization of project resources;
• Monitors cash flow projections, and reports actual cash flows and variance to Sub program Manager and
• Program Coordinator on a regular basis (monthly);
• Prepares and submits quality and timely quarterly and final narrative reports as per the cooperation agreement
• Completes and updates the M&E Planning Matrix based on data collected during monthly field visits and from reports received from LWF Project Officers and relevant community structures;
• Ensures that monthly field research involving the collection of qualitative and quantitative data is conducted and analyses/compiles the data to measure progress against project objective/results/indicators/activities, to assess project impact on beneficiaries and, if need be, to make recommendation for appropriate action;
• Conducts visits to beneficiaries in project sites to assess and verify project implementation against project standards and donor requirements;
• ln close collaboration with the Procurement Unit, develops the project procurement plan. Based on the procurement plan, requests for/initiates procurement of required project items/supplies for the assigned sector(s) in Iine with LWF policies, guidelines and procedures;
• Liaises and consults, regularly with the relevant local authorities, community leaders, civil society/nongovernmental organi2ations, collaborating/implementing, partners and other stakeholders where appropriate, in conjunction with the Team Leader, in relation to the planning, designing and implementation of all the community-based project activities;
• Coordinates closely with the beneficiaries and local community leaders to ensure efficient execution of project activities and optimum utilization of project items and/or ideas provided within the approved budget, and for planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities;
• lmplement all planned project activities with expertise and in a manner that leads to attainment of the project goals and outcomes;
• Keep records of all activities including project assets under custody/use, beneficiary list, partner list, assets or inputs provided, activity and monitoring reports, lists of beneficiaries from the project, etc;
• Ensure 100% implementation of the planned project activities on a monthly basis and that budgets are not under and over spent;
• Develop activity and budget tracking tool, and use on a monthly basis to track and report on activity and budget management;
• Support in collaboration and tabulation on a regular basis field data on project activities carried out and undertake impact assessment using participatory approaches for all beneficiaries to determine the relevance and impact of the assistance;
• Ensure that proper mapping of project beneficiaries is done & information shared in time. Regular visits to all beneficiary sites where project activities are undertaken, check on progress, offer support in line with the project objectives;
• ln collaboration with the PMER unit, lead in development of Tools and ensure effective deployment and use of the Survey CTO.
• Management of several water sanitation team activities in parallel to drilling boreholes, installing the water points and educating and training the community on how to maintain and use them.
• Reception and record keeping of WASH hardware material (new boreholes, rehabilitated /repaired water sources and systems and latrines, pumps, tools box)
• Developing proposals and budgets for water and sanitation projects in collaboration with the project team and partners;
• Selecting, modifying or designing appropriate water and sanitation infrastructure, and suitable community-based maintenance and repair systems;
• Designing and ensuring the effective promotion of appropriate hygiene and sanitation messages;
• Designing and implementing surveys and assessments related to the field of water and sanitation when needed.
• Designing and conducting training for community representatives, partners and LWF staff on water supply, maintenance, and hygiene and sanitation extension.
• Developing and documenting written protocols and standard operating procedures for the water and sanitation programs.
• Compiling and maintaining a comprehensive WASH database with a detailed profile of all water systems.
• Undertaking any other related tasks, or other responsibilities as may be assigned by your supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Education, Experience, Skills & Technical Competencies
• University Degree in Civil Engineering with a bias in Water Engineering, Hydrology or a related technical field;
• Advanced degree in the technical field of water supply, sanitation or Public health will be added value;
• Post-graduate qualification in Project Planning and Management
• Minimum 5 years professional management and implementation experience in the field of water and environment;
• Previous experience in water supply, sanitation, hygiene promotion and WASH areas;
• Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in low cost sanitation, hygiene promotion and capacity building;
• Demonstrate well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills.
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates who are interested in the above positions should submit an updated CV and Application letter in Pdf format and not more than 3mb, giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referee’s only through our recruitment email [email protected]
Please use the full job title of the position vou are applying for as the subiect line
Deaclline for receiving applications is Wednesday 24, February 2021 by 5:O0pm
LWF/Dws is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation' Persons with disabilities and Female candidates possessing the above requirements ore encouraged to apply' LWF/DWS is a signatory to the code of conduct for humanitarian agencies. our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries'
Onlv short-listed candidates will be contacted