Project Filed Coordinator
Jobs at:German Leprosy and TB Relief Association(GLRA/DAHW)
Deadline of this Job:
27 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
German Leprosy and TB Relief Association(GLRA/DAHW) is a non-Government organization within the East Africa Region of DAHW/GLRA in Ethiopia and Headquarters in Germany, with focus on health; aspects of leprosy, Tuberculosis, Neglected tropical diseases, Inclusion, Humanitarian Aid and Research in an innovative way. In cooperation with Nyapea Hospital, GLRA is to implement a project:
“Talking NTDs: Strengthen local health systems and community resilience to prevent and address NTDs and related disabilities through gender-sensitive, equitable and inclusive services in Zombo District, West Nile, Uganda” with a specific objective to build capacities of local communities and local institutions and structures to prevent and combat NTDs and related disabilities through gender-sensitive, equitable and inclusive services in Zombo District, West Nile Uganda. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced FIELD COORDINATOR.
Position: Project Filed Coordinator
Reports to: Head of Programme GLRA Kampala, Uganda / Medical Director Nyapea Hospital
Duty Station: Nyapea Hospital, Zombo District
Employment type: Fixed term for 18 months.
Salary: According to the organisational remuneration scale.
The Project Field Coordinator shall be responsible for activity planning, coordination and technical supervision of all field activities within the district of Zombo and in particular Nyapea Hospital.
• Establish and maintain a functional project office in Zombo, including maintenance of equipment.
• Oversee sound management of the project field activities ensuring timeliness and efficiency in planning, delivery, documentation and reporting.
• Record keeping, report preparation, proper filing system and general records management for all project documents in Zombo Office.
• Data compilation, collation, interpretation and use of data for decision making.
• Provide administrative oversight and management support to project related field operations in the defined project areas
• Support all phases of project implementation, from project start-up to close out with a focus on operational and financial tasks;
• Collaborates with colleagues across implementing partners including local government on technical, administrative, and strategic planning initiatives.
• Ensures successful implementation of project.
• Ensures best practices and lessons learned are captured and disseminated across the project.
• May serve as a representative of the project to clients, stakeholders, and partners, providing key inputs for technical or management decisions.
• Responsible for managing program deliverables including planning and coordination of all activities.
• Recording and reporting of project data on a periodic basis as required by plan-g/GLRA and any other key stakeholders including the local government /NTD program
• Ensuring guidance for the M& E Officer on adequate Data quality assurance through conducting Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) to validate data from the field as accurate
• Contribution to networking of the target groups; ensuring that there is coordination of operations and data flow
• Monitor adherence and achievement of performance and process indicators, achievement of project objectives and goals.
• Integration of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) into project operations for performance improvement
• Report to GLRA, Cooperating partners and local authorities (formal and informal) and adhere to the flow of communication.
• Any other duty as assigned by the project holder
Skills and Abilities
• Proven experience in working collaboratively with communities, local government and PNFP units
• Ability to successfully work within a team, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple, high-pressure activities.
• Fluent in English and Alur
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse professional and social backgrounds with a service-oriented attitude.
• Familiarity with international development organizations, and their systems and policies.
• High degree of professionalism and discretion.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team and in a matrix structure.
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-tasking setting.
• Computer literate with eexperience in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and online engagements.
GLRA employees must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the DAHW-Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service and Accountability. In accordance with these values, GLRA operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity and Ant-Retaliation.
Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of experience in a health science related area or public administration, social science or any other related field (minimum of 4 years’ experience considered with Diploma). Additionally, a Diploma in project planning and Management is of advantage.
Experience in managing projects is of advantage
GLRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, marital status and disability.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested applicants should address and submit a cover letter, updated CV and copies of academic documents to GLRA Head of Programme - [email protected] and in copy to: Nyapea Hospital Director - Omara Jammy [email protected] .
DEADLINE OF APPLICATION
27th August 2021