Project Coordinator – MOLeP Project
Jobs at:World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Deadline of this Job:
22 February 2021
Within Uganda , Obongi , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Project Coordinator – MOLeP Project
Report to: Area Coordinator
Location: Obongi District
Purpose of the position:
To implement field level Resilience and Livelihood programmatic activities in line with targets and partnership standards in a manner that contributes to sustained and improved child wellbeing for both Refugees and host communities within West Nile Region. The Job holder will oversee Livelihood project implementation process to ensure timely, efficient and transparent delivery of programme activities. .
Project implementation and reporting
• Provide expertise and technical assistance in animal husbandry and fisheries, agronomy and agribusiness, climate smart agriculture, marketing, IGA, DRR and environment management.
• Take lead in Resilience and Livelihood planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of progress.
• Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and other fora.
• Identify local level partners and support/ facilitate the partners in the implementation of planned activities.
Community engagement and advocacy
• Take overall lead in the coordination of field level activities
• Ensure Small holder farmers’ groups are mobilized, organized and strengthened into strong business groups/cooperatives (rural producer cooperatives, marketing cooperatives, Savings groups/Savings and Credit Cooperatives) for bulk purchase of inputs, value addition, bulking and collective marketing of produce
• Develop the farmer's capacity to improve production and productivity of selected enterprises of desired quality by the market through demonstrations to farmer's
• Establish and follow up demonstrations to facilitate production and productivity among the farmers
• Coordinate partners in implementation of agreed action plans.
• Ensure Integration of Resilience and Livelihood activities with other ongoing programme initiatives including that of World Vision and governments.
• Build the capacity of farmers’ business groups/cooperatives to collectively engage local leaders on identified issues.
Documentation, Reporting and knowledge management
• Prepare high quality reports, both narrative and quantitative information and reporting on relevant indicators and outcomes. Ensure that all reports are delivered according to high quality standards and are always submitted on time as per WVU standards.
• Ensure Care givers/Foster parents of unaccompanied Refugee children are members of farmer business groups/cooperatives and are accessing business developments services.
• Participate in monthly / quarterly reflection meetings with Child Monitors and guardians/parents and child protection committees to address findings from monitoring.
• Work with Area Response Coordinator to identify partners who will support the implementation of the Resilience and Livelihood Technical Programme within the Area Programme.
• Take lead in documentation and sharing of Impact/success stories and best practices to promote learning.
• Organize quarterly review meetings for partners and communities at the project sites to reflect on programmes/projects approaches, tools, impact of interventions, best practices, exit and sustainability strategies as well as create spaces and opportunities for action-learning and debate
Child Protection and Wellbeing
• Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any incidents in line with child protection policy and guidelines.
• Work with local leaders to protect children from child violations and abuses
• Sensitize children including most vulnerable, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Agribusiness or related fields.
• A post graduate qualification in project planning and management is desirable.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience working in livelihoods programming in an emergency context.
• Conversant with the Refugee context in Uganda.
• Should possess a valid Riding permit
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
• The position requires ability and willingness to travel in the field up to 50% of the time.
• Knowledge of the area is desirable
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Use the link to apply: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/uganda/project-management/project-coordinator-molep-project/16301