Project Coordinator- Championing Play
Jobs at:Save the Children International
Deadline of this Job:
08 August 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Project Coordinator- Championing Play
HOME WORK FOR US PROJECT COORDINATOR- CHAMPIONING PLAY
Save the Children International- Uganda has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Project Coordinator- Championing Play at our Moroto field office.
The post holder will support the Project Manger in coordinating programmatic and operational grant management and implementation including; planning, implementation, capacity enhancement, monitoring/ evaluation and reporting both internally (within SCI) and externally with stakeholders. The person is accountable for overall coordination and oversight delivery of the “LEGO Foundation Championing Play project in Moroto district.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Education, experience and skills:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an education related field.
• A Post Graduate training in Project Management, Community Development or a Master’s degree in any relevant field is an added advantage.
• At least three years of relevant experience, with some of these preferably in an INGO setting
• Proven experience in all aspects of programme/project cycle management, including design, planning, implementation, and monitoring/evaluation.
• Demonstrable experience with financial management; and budget/grants management and monitoring.
• Substantial experience in external relations with government, community stakeholders and civil society.
• Fluency in written and spoken English; excellent documentation and report-writing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, as well as training/facilitation skills.
• Experience in managing and building staff teams. developing staff capacity.
• Thorough understanding of Save the Children working principles and approaches Child Participation, Child Rights Programming, Partnership, Child Safeguarding Policy, Zero Tolerance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Programme Integration etc.
• Proficiency in computer e.g. MS Word, MS Power Point and Excel.
• Child participation: experience in implementing programmes or activities directly with/for children.
• Experience in integrating gender, diversity, disability and related issues into programme activities.
• Experience in implementing community-based activities including in rural areas, using inclusive, gender equitable and participatory approaches.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically
• Ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful, proactive in identifying and addressing challenges, yet consulting and asking for assistance as needed/relevant.
• Ability and willingness to travel to project communities and stay in basic conditions.
• Willing to commit to Save the Children's aims, values and principles.
Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.