Programs Manager Jobs
Jobs at:DKT International
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DKT International is a leading contraceptive social marketing organization whose core mission is the provision of safe and affordable options for family planning, reproductive health, and HIV/AIDS prevention. DKT International is one of the largest private providers of family planning and reproductive health products in the world, with a presence in over 50 countries. DKT began operations in Uganda in 2017 and currently markets and sells a variety of products under the leading brand categories: Kiss Condoms, Lydia Contraceptives, and Kare Maternal Health products. DKT is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and health-minded organization where individuals can make a difference in improving lives of people.
Job Summary: DKT is looking for dynamic, committed, and success-driven candidates for the position of a Programs Manager to develop, oversee, and implement DKT’s programmatic-related activities in Uganda. The Programs Manager will report to DKT Uganda’s Country Manager.
Role Profile: Ensure successful implementation of DKT’s programmatic activities (including donor-funded activities) through the effective management of work plans, monitoring & evaluation activities, healthcare provider training, clinic/pharmacy service delivery programs, and stakeholder engagement/management. Identify and cultivate areas for new business development and new program development aligned with DKT’s mission in the areas of social marketing, family planning, and reproductive health. Represent DKT externally to key stakeholders and through corporate communication.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and lead implementation of DKT Uganda’s programmatic activities, including donor-funded programs to ensure results and goals are achieved to advance DKT’s mission and strategies.
• Develop and implement programmatic activities aimed at advancing DKT’s goals, including healthcare provider trainings, monitoring & evaluation, and stakeholder engagement.
• Develop and manage DKT’s monitoring and evaluation activities, specifically as they relate to donor-funded initiatives.
• Work effectively with external research partners and internal staff to implement effective monitoring and evaluation activities, including development of M&E plans, data verification, and oversight of survey implementation.
• Develop and oversee implementation of DKT Uganda’s healthcare provider and pharmacist training activities to ensure quality of services (including review and development of training curriculum and training materials).
• Develop program documents, including work plans, briefs, donor reports, monitoring & evaluation reports, and proposals.
• Ensure effective management of donor relations and effective coordination with program partners to deliver and communicate results.
• Manage program implementation, including budget monitoring, partner engagement, and coordination across diverse stakeholders.
• Contribute to corporate and external communication activities as required.
• Effectively communicate and represent DKT’s core mission and program achievements to key stakeholders such as donors, NGO partners, Ministry of Health, DKT partners, bi-lateral/multi-lateral agencies, etc.
• Conduct up to 50% travel in the field for oversight and implementation of program activities
Minimum 10 years of progressive program management experience in family planning and/or reproductive health programs in private sector or NGO; strong background and experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s degree in public health, management, administration, project management or related discipline from an accredited institution; Master’s degree in Public Health or equivalent experience preferred; coursework and experience in Monitoring and Evaluation strongly preferred
• Demonstrated success managing programmatic activities in the areas of family planning and reproductive health.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in the Uganda family planning and reproductive health landscape
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of techniques for program planning, monitoring, and evaluation of activities
• Demonstrated experience effectively managing donor-funded programs and partner coordination.
• Excellent writing skills and demonstrated ability to synthesize information into concise reports
• Strong command of MS Office
Attributes and Abilities:
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• A strong sense of ethics, honesty, and integrity
• Enthusiasm and “can do” attitude, solution-oriented
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work in teams and bring together diverse groups of stakeholders
• Passionate about family planning and reproductive health issues
• Self-driven with a positive attitude
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested candidates to send their applications to [email protected] . Please kindly also indicate details of your availability, current and expected salary, names & addresses of 3 business referees, current and previous employers, roles and responsibilities handled to date, together with your day and cell contacts.