Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Program Officer will work in Collaboration with the DBT Manager to oversee the implementation of activities that improve access to and quality Care and Treatment services. S/he will work closely with facilities to ensure that HIV testing and treatment activities are in line with government of Uganda and project policies.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the facilities in collaboration with the district Technical Teams.
• Provide oversight over the care and Treatment services in the assigned area of operation.
• Develop innovative approaches, Support the ART treatment policies, Retention in care continuum of care services and access to viral Load in order to attain Viral Load in order to attain Viral Load suppression.
• Support project teams in the implementation and rollout of HIV Testing and Treatment Services, at community and Facility Levels.
• Provide oversight for the implementation of Different Service Delivery in the facilities.
• Conduct coaching and mentorship, Training and Joint supportive supervision at district and Health Facility level, to build the capacity of DHT’s to support Health Facilities to improve HIV care Services.
• Contribute to work Planning for achieving project objectives to ensure set targets are met.
• In collaboration with the monitoring and Evaluation team and Advisor, endure that data collected is accurate, Valid and captures process and outcome indicators.
• Contribute to documentation of the best practices success stories, abstracts and regular updates to quarterly and Annual reports and
• Perform any other duties as requested and assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and experience;
• Degree in Medicine, Nursing or Public Health or Equivalent and significant levels of Training in HIV care and Treatment including differentiated services delivery.
• At least 3 years of working in public or Private Health Facilities to improve HIV Care and Treatment services in Uganda, USAID – Funded project experience is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability improving quality of HIV Care and Treatment services at Scale
• Knowledge and Experience in Implementing quality improvement approaches
• Ability to travel regularly to support facilities and Districts to improve care and treatment services.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of both Ugandan and Global guidelines for HIV Care treatment.
• Experience working with local government/districts
• Excellent Command of data analytics and data use for decision making
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and;
• Computer proficiency in word, excel and power Point.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] The application deadline is Friday 6th August, 2021 at 12:00pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Date of Expiry
Friday, 6 August 2021