Program Officer – Immunization – Kampala Capital City Authority
Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
21 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries. FHI 360 implements USAID MCHN project that aims to strengthen the Government of Uganda's (GOU) performance in implementing strategies to improve maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition outcomes, including the implementation of Kampala-based work to develop effective models to improve services for urban populations, focusing on under-served/resourced communities.
Position: Program Officer – Immunization – Kampala Capital City Authority (01)
Location: Kampala, Uganda (local position)
Reports to: Kampala Program Coordinator
FHI 360 is seeking to recruit for a Program Officer for Immunization (KCCA) position to provide ongoing technical and coordination support to the KCCA team to effectively implement the national immunization program, including COVID-19 vaccine. Reporting to a designated supervisor at KCCA and the Kampala Program Coordinator at FHI 360, the program officer will have the following roles and responsibilities:
Coordinate USAID MCHN's technical and logistics support to KCCA teams to effectively contribute to capacity building activities for the broader immunization program and the layering of the COVID-19 vaccine roll out plan on the platform. Such activities will include working closely with KCCA Division Medical Office and MOH teams to conduct trainings and mentorships for vaccination teams at designated vaccination sites located across the city, and equipping Kampala city health managers and community influencers with knowledge and skills to effectively mobilize target population groups to take up the vaccine
Provide logistics and coordination support to KCCA structures (Divisions and respective vaccination sites) and leverage KCCA and other implementing partner and MOH efforts to mobilize priority population groups within KCCA geographical area to take up the COVID-19 vaccine
Assist the KCCA Directorate of Public Health and Environment and its Division Medical Office teams to:
• Effectively coordinate and provide oversight for quality delivery of COVID-19 vaccination deployment
• Ensure that information management systems for the Authority's immunization program is robust, with timely reporting of coverage data and coordinating with Biostatisticians and HMIS teams to ensure that they access required inputs and report effectively
• Routinely and closely work with KCCA Biostatisticians to generate progress update reports and provide performance dashboards and presentations to supervisor and KCCA health managers at the centre and Division level
• Ensure that KCCA implements the national adverse events response and management program
• Effectively and efficiently manage the KCCA-convened weekly, monthly and quarterly stakeholder (public & private sector) progress review meetings, including coordinating data-driven targeted support supervision to vaccination sites/teams by KCCA and MOH.
• Coordinate logistics support to KCCA to manage vaccine supply chain more effectively between the central store and vaccination sites.
Required Experience & Qualifications
• A basic degree in medicine or related health sciences, AND a post-graduate degree in either Public Health or Epidemiology or another related field
• Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in public health program implementation
• Significant experience and or knowledge on Uganda's public sector immunization program, including related key monitoring indicators will be of added advantage
• Ability to work with and understand health data and health management information systems, including presentation of data in creative ways.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with other donors and partners
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates should submit a cover letter, CV including salary requirements/expectations by email to: [email protected] not later than Friday 21st May 2021.
Please indicate the title of the position in the email subject line.