Program Officer – Education and Planning
Jobs at:Latek Stay Alliance Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Program Officer – Education and Planning at Latek Stay Alliance Uganda.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Program Officer - Education and planning will work closely with Latek members to ensure growth through; stakeholder engagements, designing and implementing the Programs; ensuring high programs quality and efficiency.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager.
About Latek Stay Alliance Uganda.
Latek Stay Alliance Uganda is an umbrella Organization of Social Entrepreneurs whose overall objective is to reduce extreme poverty in the communities under the thematic areas of Education, Health and Income generation currently operating in Uganda.
Our Vision is to set up an Umbrella Organization of Social entrepreneurs collaborating for improved Education, Health and Incomes in the communities whereas our mission is to co-ordinate a network of social entrepreneurs that partners and learns from each other to improve livelihoods of the communities in Uganda. The umbrella organization aims at strengthening self-help for communities with core values of self-determination, sustainable development and integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities
• To oversee the documentation and planning of the allocated Latek programs
• Assist with the development and continuous review of the education program
• Manage the planning and implementation of the education program within the agreed timelines
• Ensure good and strong stakeholder relationships and relationships respectively
• Lead operations on research during planning and development of the education programme
• Liaise with the Monitoring and Evaluation officer to carry out programme monitoring and evaluation
• Lead the delivery of partner training, including designing, facilitating, or co-facilitating where necessary
• Responsible for the efficient use of all the approved and allocated funds to facilitate all allocated programme activities
• Respond to stakeholder needs and support other Latek programme activities
• Attend to other activities assigned by the Supervisor
• Corporate Competence Should be passionate about Social entrepreneurship with a positive mindset on impact financing and investment as a way of getting people out of poverty.
• Demonstrate integrity and other Latek's values and ethical standards.
• Promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Latek Stay Alliance Uganda.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability in interacting with development partners, Latek staff, Social entrepreneurs and beneficiaries.
• Organize and accurately complete multiple tasks.
• Plan, coordinate and organize workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines.
• Establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with staff and partners.
Knowledge Management and Learning.
• In-depth knowledge on programme management and organizational development
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft and virtual meeting management platforms
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to implement income generating programs.
• Focus on results for the partners.
• Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
• Remain calm, in control and maintain a good humor even under pressure.
• Demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
• Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
Required Skills and Experience
• University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Economics or any other related course with proof of knowledge in Entrepreneurship and Organizational business development. Postgraduate diploma in Project management and implementation is an added advantage.
• At least 4 years of experience in running and designing innovative/development projects in national/international NGOs.
• Proven ICT skills and experience with web-based tools and programs.
• Understanding of the Ugandan education sub-sector.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send an application letter, curriculum vitae including three referees and copies of academic qualifications on email; [email protected] ; [email protected] not later than Friday 30th July 2021 at 5:00 pm.
Interviews will take place either or both virtually and in Kampala at Latek Stay Alliance Secretariat in Kitebi, Rubaga Division, behind Kitebi Health Centre IV.