Program Funding Manager
Deadline of this Job:
04 April 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To co-ordinate/oversee fundraising efforts of the country team; to ensure quality of proposal development and consistency in relationships with institutional and non-institutional donors; and to support program teams and country office in planning, securing and managing funds.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• Design, implement and update Uganda donor map: Responsible for designing, updating and implementing the Uganda donor mapping.
• Resource mobilisation strategies: Leads the design and implementation of resource mobilisation strategy for the Uganda country programme intended to strengthen income and partnerships to deliver the country strategy. Update and monitor the funding pipeline and leads on income planning and forecasting at a country level.
• New business development including: Responsible for new business development including philanthropies, income streams and innovative funding models with non-traditional donors, private sector, and other philanthropies such as foundations, lotteries and trusts.
• Strategic donor engagement: Responsible for managing and building Oxfam’s relationships with development partners representatives in the country. Proactively engages on a strategic basis with institutional donors at a country level in order to facilitate technical programme exchanges, influence policy and thinking, and identify key areas of potential cooperation, including program funding.
• Bid development: Leads on proposal development, helps to assemble bid development teams, provide effective bid coordination and project management in country and to oversee the quality assurance of donor proposals to ensure high quality competitive proposals in order to successfully secure institutional donor funds.
• Provide ongoing research, strategic donor intelligence gathering, and trends analysis and generate information to enable engagement with global, regional and country level donors.
• Support the appraisal of new funding opportunities using the bid and no bid decision making tool and processes.
• Work with Oxfam Novib and other affiliates in funding modalities, identifying and sharing new opportunities with home donors.
• Identify and foster potential partnerships, coalitions, consortia and affiliate engagement that may result in joint programme funding opportunities.
• Prepare and share with the CD regular updates on top-line income status of the country in terms of (a) secure income for current year, (b) secure income for future years, and (c) proposals in the pipeline (which covers likely and possible).
• Concept Notes and Project Proposals: Support the country program team in the development of quality and innovative concept notes and project proposals.
• Partner and Capacity Building: Develop and implement a detailed plan for building the funding capacity of partner organisations and staff, especially in proposal writing and donor mapping. This will include needs assessment, capacity building approach and delivery plan including tools and methodologies, performance standards, and evaluation approach.
• Support project teams in compliance, and timely reporting to donors.
• Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values (click here) as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights (click here).
• Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Minimum requirement is a master’s degree in business administration, Law, Economics, or International Development or other related studies.
• Demonstrated ability to devise and implement resource mobilisation strategies for both humanitarian response and in long term development programmes.
• Proven ability to identify new business opportunities and partnerships.
• Good interpersonal, communication and relationship skills with ability to influence external organizations and individuals.
• Strong networking, representational, and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work effectively with others in a team across institutional boundaries and business units.
• Proven ability to utilise talent and expertise of team members to achieve objectives.
• Ability to adapt and work within a multicultural, multilingual, and multidisciplinary environment.
• Excellent computer skills, including various office applications and internet navigation
• Superior verbal and written communications skills in English with ability to analyse and synthesise complex issues
• Commitment to Oxfam values including putting women at the centre of all its interventions.
• Ability to facilitate proposal development processes involving technical program, MEL, and finance staff.
• Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to fundraising and donor engagement.
• Ability to work effectively with others persuading, influencing, negotiating and supporting, following as required in order to achieve fundraising targets. Ability to forecast and plan income.
• Ability to produce clear and timely written proposals and reports for donors.
• Ability to represent Oxfam to donors and external institutions.
• Research and analytical skills and ability to evaluate proposals and write quality reports and make recommendations for improvements.
• Experience with gender programming and working in multi-cultural environment.
• Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work
• Sufficient knowledge of Oxfam’s priorities and development and humanitarian programme work an advantage.
• Knowledge of donor environment, understanding of funding issues in relation to Northern and Southern NGOs work in emergencies and development.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=11345&company=OxfamNovibP