- Company: Save the Children International
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for the Program Analyst Officer for the MNCH Project in Kampala. The Program Analyst will be a focal point for health information systems that have an impact on project direction as well as programming and policy development. In collaboration with the MEAL coordinator, the Program Analyst will contribute substantively to monitoring, evaluation and implementation of the maternal and newborn health project according to SCI program policies and procedures.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- University degree in biostatistics, statistics or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
- Experience in collecting, reviewing, analyzing and validating data
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Basic analytical (qualitative and quantitative) and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated work experience in the health sector
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively to high pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to work as an effective team member and provide professional advice within a defined program area or function.
- Proficiency in English language, both verbal and written
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandates and child focus and ability to ensure this continues to underpin all aspects of work
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on 29th November 2021 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.