Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Procurement Officer will coordinate the procurement of supplies and equipment for supported health units and program activities. S/he will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient functioning of all procurement and disposal activities of the project.
• Oversee procurement processes, including review of purchase requisitions, request for quotations, supplier selection, negotiations, purchase and delivery forms, and coordination with the stock management officer.
• Spearhead the process of supplier pre-Qualification and management.
• Management of leases, contracts and agreements for services and goods.
• Ensure JCRC and USAID procurement policies and procedures are adhered to
• Receive orders from program staff, ensuring the follow-up of the local purchases supplied, payments, and delivery confirmation.
• Procurement of printing for training materials (stationary, manuals, handouts, etc.) and stationary for workshops, and other events.
• Update and maintain the project procurement tracker.
• Stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train JCRC program and partner staff in these policies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor of Procurement and Logistics Management or Bachelor of commerce, Business Administration or any other business related field.
• 3-5 years’ practical experience in the field of Procurement and Supply management with demonstrable knowledge of Public Procurement Laws of Uganda PPDA and USAID guidelines and regulations.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] The application deadline is Friday 6th August, 2021 at 12:00pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Date of Expiry
Friday, 6 August 2021