Position Title: Processing Support Supervisor
Reports To: Program Manager
Division : Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Grade Level: 7(N). Function Manager
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Primary Purpose :
This position is responsible for overseeing all United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) Processing Support activity at CWS Africa Kampala Uganda office. This includes managing workflow within the Processing Support Unit and collaborating with other program departments Kampala and in Nairobi. This position ensures that RSC Africa processing priorities and targets are met and that standard operating procedures are strictly followed.
Essential Duties :
· Directly supervise the Staff Trainer(s) and other Processing Support staff, including yearly performance evaluations, developing job descriptions, participating in hiring and coordinating leave.
· Ensure all processing support functions adhere to USRAP, USCIS, RPC, and RSC standards and guidelines.
- Oversee and manage the daily workload and functions of his/her direct reports including monitoring staff time and attendance, regularly providing and documenting performance feedback, completing probationary and annual evaluations, developing job descriptions, participant in hiring interviews, and other human resource functions associated with supervising staff.
· Develop and implement specific on-boarding and semi-annual training modules with support from the Kampala management team and relevant units in Nairobi.**
· Ensure the wellbeing of his/her direct reports including but not limited to ensuring staff use their leave benefits appropriately, provide a safe and healthy work environment and communicate clear expectations with staff.**
- Develop tools for tracking delivered trainings and attendance, and maintain curriculum database and training records.
- Ensure his/her departments have the necessary resources to conduct their roles through raising procurement needs of his/her departments through the Program Coordinator.
· Oversees the development and implementation of training modules for Kampala Processing Support staff, in coordination with the Program Coordinator.
· Coordinate mandatory trainings for all Kampala office staff, in coordination with the Training Unit in Nairobi, and track attendance to ensure a 100% attendance.
· Work closely with RSC Administration department in planning offsite trainings and trainings offered by external facilitators for Kampala staff.**
· Support the Programs team in issues related to hiring, recruiting and managing interpreters hired in Uganda to support program staff. **
· Be the focal point for addressing the challenges interpreters in Uganda face and also resolve challenges that staff face regarding interpreters.**
· Conduct Interpreter trainings in Uganda. **
This position also undertakes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
· Five years of paid work experience is required.
· One year of direct supervisory experience is required.
· Experience in developing, coordinating and implementing training modules is desirable
· Experience working in a call center is an added advantage
· Strong verbal and written English language skills.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
· Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support as a CWS employee required.
The Processing Support Supervisor must have the ability to:
• Work and make decisions independently and contribute to overall operations at management levels
• Exercise good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems in the field;
• Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail, completing tasks within set timeframes;
• Exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
• Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
• Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
• Maintain the integrity of official records;
• Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
• Work with minimal supervision
• Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
• Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
• Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
• Be flexible with changing of daily duties as needed.
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
· Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support a CWS employee required.
Education & Certifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
· Master’s Degree is preferred.
· COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
· The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa.
· This position is based in Kampala, Uganda
· This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
· This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
· Background check which includes references and an educational criminal check is required before the start of employment for International applicants.
· A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
· Employee may be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of funds when necessary to carry-out program needs.
· Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.**
· Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
· Full time
· All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic