Pipeline Superintendent South
Jobs at:Total Energies
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pipeline Superintendent South - Req: 45292BR
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as primary coordinator/Superintendent for a dedicated area of the construction site: follow-up the sequence of work-fronts and liaise with the construction contractor area managers and superintendents
• Ensure that Contractors progress on the appropriate high-priority work-fronts in order to stick to the level-3 schedule
• To check, in accordance with needs, the preparation, issue and implementation by Construction Contractors of Construction, Engineering documents including detailed procedures, method statements, drawings, calculation notes, Construction Equipment, construction, list of personnel, planning back-up procedures if necessary.
• Identify & analyze the weak points which penalize the productivity and propose corrective actions.
• Review the development of execution plans / schedule for his/her discipline during the construction phase
• Advise the Construction Manager on all issues related to sequencing and scheduling of work fronts.
• Liaise with other Superintendents and Supervisors to make sure that all interfaces are managed effectively.
• Liaise with other Superintendents, Supervisors and with Construction Manager to make sure that the construction complies with all Project Design Documentation, with Company Standards and Procedures, and with applicable international Codes, Standards and Practices.
• Liaise with other Superintendents, Supervisors and with Construction Manager to monitor progress and prepare performance reports. Reports are to be accurate and timely, depicting progress, safety, issues, and forward plans.
• Assist the Supervisors in the resolution of all Technical Queries.
• Assist the COMPANY Team to ensure compliance with projects Safety objectives throughout the life of the project.
• Maintain good relationship with Contractors, being flexible enough but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the Project.
• Liaise with other disciplines, Safety, Cost, and Planning to improve effectiveness of Team
• Keep the Construction Manager informed of all events which may affect the successful completion of the project goals.
• Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress
• Provide oversight of contractor's materials management/verification systems
• Monitor workforce productivities/progress relative to schedule
• Liaise with contractor for field level changes for his discipline during the construction phase
• Provide pre-commissioning/mechanical completion oversight/verification for his discipline during the construction phase
• Provide leadership, supervision, construction technical guidance and mentoring to personnel with a focus on National development
• Ensure the protection of the environment and the monitoring of Project environmental performances.
• Participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings as required
• Compile necessary reports (daily/weekly/monthly) related to his/her discipline and scope for the Construction Manager (RSES) South and Project Management Team
• To act on behalf of the Construction Manager (RSES) South in his / her absence.
Qualifications & Experience
• Degree holder or equivalent
• 15 years or more of relevant international project construction experience in large onshore/offshore oil and gas projects
• Previous experience in large onshore/offshore oil and gas construction projects. Recognized level of expertise in construction discipline with previous experience with other major IOC's in large oil and gas construction projects. Significant responsibility in multi-discipline teams or projects. Knowledge of Materials/Equipment specific to the pipeline construction industry.
• Fluent spoken and written English. Valid Medical Certificate which complies with Company Standards.
• The working environment is international and multicultural and demands considerable experience in the project process working with International Contractors
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be sent through the TotalEnergies careers website at https://careers.totalenergies.com
Only applications received on the stated website will be considered.
Deadline is Thursday 23rd September, 2021 .
Short listing begins immediately and only short listed candidates will be contacted. "Candidates applying for the advertised positions will be selected on merit. Any form of canvassing is strictly prohibited."
To know more about Total E&P Uganda, please visit our website https://corporate.totalenergies.ug .