Deadline of this Job:
28 July 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Provide dispensary, drug storage & management services and medication adherence education & counselling to patients & their care takers at COE in line with pharmacy mission and Baylor-Uganda medical & psychosocial Guidelines.
• Read, verify prescriptions according to weight, height and body surface in line with MOH and Baylor-Uganda medical treatment guidelines.
• Educate and counsel patients or their care takers on medication adherence, proper drug use, accurate measuring of syrups, drug adverse effects and drug-drug or drug-dietary interactions while dispensing drugs in line with the Pharmacy mission
• Plan for drugs at the pharmacy store and monitor storage conditions on daily basis to prevent loss in quality and efficacy (FEFO- First Expiry First Out) in line with the pharmaceutical unit guidelines
• Maintain accurate records for the drugs ordered and dispensed on a daily basis and accounts for all drugs handled in the Pharmacy in line with the Pharmacy mission
• Study the doctor’s verification forms of patients, more especially those admitted on HAART and ANT.TB Therapy and establish adherence challenges they encounter on both ARVs and ANT.TB drugs then submit the findings to the pharmacist in line with the Pharmacy mission.
• Remove expired medicines from the shelves and collect patient returned Drugs; count, document and report to the Pharmacist about such medicines and then take them for disposal.
• Provide and record the audit findings during the process of carrying out both quarterly and monthly audits in line with the Pharmacy mission and audit guidelines
• Monitor the cleanness and organization of the Pharmacy and manage the pharmaceutical waste in line with the Good Pharmacy Practice
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• - Diploma in Pharmacy with Clinical experience in HIV/AIDS
• A diploma in Pharmacy.
• At least two years of working experience in pharmacy in a hospital setting or a recognized pharmacy. Knowledge of key elements of the National paediatric ART guidelines
• Have Key personal competences in team and communication skills, Must be dynamic, Persuasive &convincing, self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
• 2 Years Relevant Experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply