Jobs at:Dr. Ambrosoli Memorial Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
15 June 2021
Within Uganda , Uganda , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Dr. Ambrosoli Memorial Hospital invites suitably qualified applicants for the vacant position of.
Job Title: Pharmacist
Duration: 1 year, Renewable
Report to: Medical Director
Job Purpose : To ensure that the Hospital has adequate stock of drugs and medical supplies and that they are prescribed and dispensed rationally, according to the law and regulations governing the use of drugs and in respect of the medical ethics.
Supply and Store Management
• Ensure availability of pharmaceutical supplies as per the Hospital Essential Medicines List and the Hospital Formularies.
• Carry out periodical inventories by performing stock counts and resolving any discrepancies in stock levels.
• Enforce adherence to appropriate stock management techniques, securing correct, orderly, safe, and Well organized storage of all items.
• Secure that all records, stock cards and documentation concerning the management of the Pharmacy are regularly verified and validated, updated and orderly filed.
• Monitor the stocks and timely prepare requisitions for all purchases, preventing the occurrence of stock-outs.
• Solve issues and / or problems affecting regular supply and timely inform his / her supervisor when appropriate.
• Supervise regularly the dispensing process and the pharmacy stocks supplied to wards and departments.
• Assist Ward staff in appropriate stock management.
• Ensures safe Workplace practices.
• Supervise the pre-packing and reconstitution of medicines and the production of intravenous ?uids.
• Ensure that appropriate procedures are followed for the production of high quality extemporaneous products including aseptic technique for sterile compounding.
• Promote the introduction and implementation of internal rules and regulations to ensure quality and efficiency of the Pharmacy services.
• Ensure full control and management of narcotics drugs according to the law requirements.
Planning and Budgeting:
• Compile statistics regarding medicine utilization for the entire Hospital and for each Ward and Department.
• Determine pharmaceutical requirements for the entire Hospital and for each Ward and Department.
• Prepare budgets and financial expenditure plans. Monitor pharmaceutical expenditures in liaison With the Medical Director and the Administrator.
Support to Healthcare Services Provision:
• Liaise with physicians, nurses and other fellow health care professionals to ensure the dispensing of effective and economic drug treatment.
• Disseminate up-to-date information on pharmaceuticals to health care personnel and advise clinicians on appropriate prescribing practices.
• Promote rational medicine use by prescribers and other health care personnel in the hospital.
• Monitor prescriptions with regard to suitability, side effects, appropriate dosages, adherence to guidelines and policies.
• Be a member of the Hospital Drug and Therapeutics Committee, as Secretary.
• Be available and involved in research and/ or teaching activities within the hospital and the Midwifery School when required.
• Participate in the development of clinical guidelines for the hospital.
Human Resources Management:
• Organize and supervise the correct and efficient distribution of duties and working hours among the staff of the Pharmacy.
• Ensure that all staff know the duties assigned to them. Ensure that the Pharmacy services are regularly available, by coordinating rotations of duties and periods of leave, and taking all appropriate actions to guarantee unaltered quality of services in case of temporary shortage of personnel.
• Promote professional development of staff under his/her supervision.
• Conduct staff performance appraisal.
• Promote the staff commitment providing regular constructive feedbacks on their performance.
• Identify training needs of staff, suggesting appropriate training interventions / initiatives.
• Prepare quarterly and annual reports on the activities and performance of the Pharmacy.
• Participate in hospital management meetings when requested.
• Carry out other official duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Plan and budget for the Pharmacy activities. Approach
• Promote sense of responsibility and discipline at all levels.
• Promote efficient use of resources.
• Promote a spirit of collaboration among all staff.
• Ensure the strict respect of confidentiality.
It is most desirable that the function of Pharmacist, in virtue of the con?ict of interests that may arise in the course of duty, should be exercised by an employee free from bonds with other administrations / employers. Private practice of the profession is not compatible with the post.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All suitably quali?ed and interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of academic quali?cations) to The Office of Human Resources, Kalongo Hospital P.O. Box 47 Agago, Uganda or email to [email protected] [email protected]
NB: Any efforts to in?uence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disquali?cation.