Vacancy title: People and Culture Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Advertising & Public Relations ]
Jobs at:World Vision Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Learn more about World Vision Uganda
World Vision Uganda jobs in Uganda
To support the People and Culture Department with the coordination of services and functions that ensures fast, focused & efficient support to the department’s clients.
Recruitment, Orientation and Training Support
• Support the recruitment process through drafting job adverts, screening candidates, coordinating interviews, and facilitating the background vetting process for selected candidates.
• Ensure recruitment documentation is complete for filing
• Supporting in the management of casual labour services.
• Provide interview logistical support and ensure candidates and panelists are provided adequate information in a timely manner.
• Processes staff employment documentation including finger print vetting introductory/ offer / appointment letters, contracts and job descriptions based on established staff employment policies, procedures and WVU total reward policy.
• Maintain, monitor, update and report on the recruitment tracking system and other databases as required. Submit periodic recruitment up-dates to the Business Partner to track the progress of recruitment assignments. Draft and submit monthly, quarterly and annual recruitment reports to the Business Partner within the set standards and timeline.
• Ensure that feedback is shared with all candidates that have participated in interviews.
In collaboration with the hiring managers and the business partners, ensure a smooth on-boarding and orientation (general and technical) of new staff.
• Timely process identity cards for staff
• Ensure personnel files are in place for each staff as per audit requirements.
• Support in providing day to day performance management guidance to employees
• Support in coaching Managers on Performance Management.
• Prepare and process all kinds of P&C related paperwork for all categories of workforce as required, with accuracy and confidentiality and in accordance with policies and local laws.
• Respond to routine employee enquiries, both oral and written to ensure accurate and timely provision of information
• Support the administration of local P&C systems, support learning/training/ workshops/team building events, keeping all P&C related templates updated and available for staff use.
• Maintain an accurate filing system, update personnel files and maintain confidentiality of people data at all times
People Information System
• Maintain and keep staffing lists for all categories of workforce (employees, casual, volunteers, interns etc.) and any staff related necessary information for rapid access and use.
• Provide P&C data to hiring managers/Business Partner to monitor and inform staff management decisions while maintaining data security protocols in line with WV policies.
• Support staff in exit processes and report on staffing numbers in various projects phases
• Support in Identifying, assessing and reporting all threats and risks in P & C business processes for management information
• Support the department to ensure that staff care activities are timely and respond to actual staff needs.
• Work with the Benefits Officer to;
(i) Maintain accurate staff information and files to inform staff care decisions such as provision of medical cards, anniversaries, insurance compensation, and terminal benefits, stress management.
(ii) Ensure new staff are registered on the medical scheme and cards processed.
• Work with service providers such as Insurance providers to follow up to ensure products and services reach the staff timely.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• University degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Social Sciences or a related field.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of HR functions and systems administration.
• Professional certification in HR in locally or internationally recognized HR institution is a plus.
• Experience of 2 years’ experience in Human Resources and Administration working in an INGO setting and past exposure with the international working culture and practices is a huge advantage.
• Thorough working knowledge of office systems. Computer experience with word processing, database management and spreadsheet software.
• Excellent knowledge of local labor law and related legislation
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgement and work with little supervision, and demonstrate initiative and innovation and problem solving abilities.
• The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically as needed.
• Requires good interpersonal skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills in English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to apply