Job Title: 10 Community Health Educators – Peace Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United States Peace Corps
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
United States Peace Corps Profile
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
The Peace Corps is an independent agency and volunteer program run by the United States Government providing international social and economic development assistance.
The Community Health Educator collaborate with community members and their host organizations to identify community needs and implement appropriate interventions. As such, Volunteers will play the role of catalyst for a wide range of activities, not only limited by the creativity of the community and the Volunteers, but also guided by the project framework.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Formation and facilitation of youths’ sexual reproductive health and other related health interventions at clubs/small groups and or camps including menstrual hygiene management, comprehensive HIV prevention education (as a must), referral to HIV testing services and community linkages.
- Sports for health training targeting in and out of school youth in partnership with Grassroots Soccer.
- Co-facilitate groups for OVC and their care givers, including sessions and activities on the following core areas: Nutrition education, psychosocial support, economic strengthening, life skills, HIV positive living, referral and linkages to health or social services (Required).
- Formation and facilitation of a series of Care Groups interventions with leader mothers/fathers to promote essential maternal and child health practices including: child immunization, nutrition, malaria prevention, breast feeding and hand washing.
- Conduct trainings to improve skills of community health service providers and/or school staff to improve on essential health care to the targeted populations.
- Coach and/or mentor community health service providers and/or school staff to improve their skills in essential elements of youth friendly and gender equitable health services.
- Community mobilization and sensitization for uptake of health services in early health seeking behaviors.
- Community-level health education and presentations for social and behavior change.
- The ideal applicant for the United States Peace Corps Community Health Educator job must hold a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in any field OR five years of professional work experience
- Health education, awareness, and HIV prevention
- Basic maternal and child health
- Working with youth or children
- Community mobilization, communication, and training skills
- Water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH)
- Designing health promotion interventions
How To Apply for United States Peace Corps Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.