Job Title: – PATH Uganda Jobs 2021 Fresher Research Assistants (HIVST Evaluation and WTP Studies)
Organization: PATH Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
PATH Uganda Profile:
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multi-sector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
About the HIV self-testing project (STAR III Project)
The Unitaid-funded HIV Self-Testing Africa (STAR) Initiative is a project to catalyze the market for HIV self-testing. The multi country project’s goal is to reduce HIV-related mortality and morbidity in target countries through contribution to accelerated attaining of the UN’s 95-95-95 HIV prevention and treatment goal. The STAR Initiative Extension will achieve direct public health impact by reducing the number of new HIV infections and averting deaths due to HIV infection by increasing demand for and access to HIVST and subsequent treatment and prevention services. The STAR Initiative Extension will work with national governments in establishing an enabling environment for HIVST scale-up, adapting the structures, systems, and scale necessary for the market’s long-term health and sustainability.
We are seeking to hire 3 Research assistants based Kampala office to support data collection data for the evaluation of HIVST distribution, linkage and referral models and willingness to pay for HIV self-testing kits in Uganda. The research assistants will primarily collect field data, using observation checklists, survey questionnaires and In-depth interview guides, transfer data and reporting among other things. This will be a three-month contract starting with September 2021.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Participate in all trainings, orientation, meetings and other activities related to building capacity for the study.
- Be physically present at assigned implementing sites whenever required to (in Kampala, Wakiso and Mukono districts).
- Recruit participants including screening for eligibility to participate in the study.
- Data collection both qualitative and quantitative data according to good research practices
- Review and check data quality, clean it and ensure completeness; and report such data in line with study protocols.
- Communicate regularly with Site PI to assure effective implementation of evaluation activities including sufficient enrolment and implementation according to protocol, SOPs, ethics and other regulatory approvals.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in humanities or health related field.
- Evidence of participating in research studies or surveys that require attention to details.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft suite packages including word, excel, and other electronic communication tools, and electronic data collection tools like Open data kits (ODK) among others.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and problem solving skills.
- the western and northern region of Uganda is an added advantage.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Uganda.
- Fluent in speaking and reading English and Luganda and fluency in any other language
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply for PATH Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise