Jobs at:Baylor College of Medicine Children's Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
27 August 2021
Within Uganda , Fortportal , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Coordinating OVC activities and providing Technical support Supervision
• Develop a regional OVC Work plan and budget and monitor the integration of OVC activities into the districts and Health facilities annually/Quarterly plans and budget as well as the follow up the receipt of OVC sub grants by the District in line with OVC program objectives and the Baylor financial provisions and guidelines.
• Carry out community mobilization programmes for sensitization about child protection and legal support while promoting women emancipation and advocate for the rights of OVCs to enable them to attain equal opportunities in life with Baylor Uganda OVC programme objective.
• Review and implement procedures that will enable OVC, their care takers and households to understand, tap and utilize opportunities for asset growth and skills in income growth so as to have improved livelihoods in line with the Baylor OVC strategic objectives for economic strengthening for households.
• Monitor the implementation of strategies that enhances improved nutrition through linkages with appropriate service providers for increased agricultural production and access to food in the community in line with Baylor related OVC strategic objectives.
• Review and implement a strategy for identifying eligible geographical and target groups/ individuals for OVC services while supervising the updating of OVC electronic data base and filing system then disseminate the relevant information to key stake holders in line with Baylor OVC programme objectives
• Monitor the distribution, storage and usage of OVC data/tools/registers during data capturing and timely reporting plus the updating of OVC management information system by the CDOs to strengthen the OVC MIS for data management in the region in line with MoGLSD objectives.
• Develop and maintain functional community based partnerships/ networks and referral systems through holding periodic performance planning/review and feed backs meetings with key stake holders. Monitor referrals between the identified eligible OVC and other OVC service providers in line with Baylor Uganda OVC programme objectives.
• Build the capacity of existing community based structures and networks (district, community staff, health workers, school leaders, LCs, Police & VHTs) based on identified needs in handling OVCs activities through training, mentorships & support supervision in line with Baylor Uganda & MoGLSD/MoH OVC objectives.
• Review and monitor the implementation of periodic Baylor performance targets for OVC programs. Write and submit period reports to key stake holders in line Baylor Uganda OVC & CHBC programme objectives.
• Carry out research and present OVC aligned to "HIV prevention, care and support" oriented research/best practices in CMEs, conferences and other medical related fora’s in line with Baylor Uganda research and National prevention strategy.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• BA. SWSA, BA. SS, BA. Development studies.
• Post graduate degree in Project planning is a must.
• Master degree in behavioral degree.
• STRONG BACKGROUND in PEPFAR OVC Programming.
• 3 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly using the apply button . In case you have any further questions about the role, contact us on [email protected]