Jobs at:Med optics Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
22 October 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Optical Assistant
Duty Station: TBD
Reports to: Service Centre Head or Team Leader
Liaises with: Stores Keeper, Retail Operations Coordinator, Optometrist, Office Assistant, IT Assistant,
Laboratory Assistant, and HR Assistant.
Direct reports: None
To build a strong understanding of the product range and customer service to enable customers to receive a comprehensive tailored service in line with Med-Optics guidelines and strategic objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Optical expertise
• Build general optical knowledge through attending training, independent study and in-store practice.
• Build a strong working knowledge of all the company range of products including and not limited to lens types and frames to suit differing lifestyles, including the ability to explain product benefits in every day terms.
• Fit glasses to ensure the appropriate size of frame for lens choice, face shape and lifestyle are taken into account in line with product and technical fitting guidelines.
• Listen to customer requirements and make observations which will enable accurate and best value dispensing to the customer. This includes offering additional services and features to meet the client’s lifestyle needs.
• 2. Customer Service, Merchandising & Sales
• Receive patients upon arrival, conduct prescreening for customers e.g. record their Bio data, auto refraction tests, visual filed tests, etc. and schedule their appointments with the Optometrist in line with
• company guidelines.
• Market and sell the products and services to walk-in customers, obtain and evaluate all relevant information and give advice on product and service inquiries regarding pricing and delivery information.
• Make customers feel comfortable, at ease and welcome by engaging them and/or parent/guardian in
• conversation, maintain a clean and neat work area in line with company guidelines.
• Perform on-going customer service/patient care: Answer telephone calls professionally and with a “smile” ready to serve them. Document telephone calls and conversations as needed.
• Check out customers upon appointment completion. Schedule for future appointments and inquire about any overdue charges. Answer any questions customers have. Make reminder calls for the next appointment through i.e. SMS, email telephone calls etc.
• Maintain confidentiality of customer Personal History Information and any other related information according to Practice Privacy requirements.
• Prepare, Record and make entries for any insurance information, partner organizations and in line with set specific insurance and other individual partner company guidelines.
• Take note of trends in demand for products and ensure information on customer preferences and stock needed is passed through to the Centre Head or Retail Business Manager.
• When selecting frames, ensure the range takes into account stock for all categories of customer, variety of colour, materials and face shapes.
• 3. Practice Administration
• Complete daily checklist on time and accurately.
• Plan and make appointments for Optometrists to help them stay on schedule and notify them when they or the patients are running late.
• Perform general office duties, such as document preparation, scanning, mailing, and filing.
• Complete other tasks as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Administrative and customer service experience.
• Knowledge of the product (trends of frame styles) is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
• Good communication skills: verbal, listening, interpersonal
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office
• Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
• Accuracy with strong attention to detail
• Problem-solving skills
• Time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to maintain professional demeanor and appearance
• Strong patient care/customer service orientation with ability to demonstrate care and patience
• Positive attitude with ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Flexibility with ability to adapt to change.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their application with a cover letter and an updated CV with three suitable referees with their telephone contacts, by email only to;
Human Resource and Administration Manager, Med-Optics Limited;
At: [email protected]
Please indicate the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email;
The deadline for receiving the applications is: 22nd October 2021 . 18:00 EAT