World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Office Assistant
Report to: Programms Support Assistant
Location: Terego District (Omugo Settlement)
Purpose of the position:
To clean company premises, provide secretarial support; distribute information and documents to different places in line with the division strategy.
To clean the organization offices and compound
- Sweeping and Mopping
- Dusting and Cobwebbing
- Coordinate fumigation at least bi annual
- Cleaning windows and walls
- Emptying and cleaning dustbins
- Maintain a clean compound
To clean the washrooms/rest rooms
- Scrub the restrooms
- Replenish the toiletries
- Replenish hand washing water and soap
To prepare tea for staff and visitors
- Prepare and serve tea
- Wash utensils immediately after staff have taken tea
- Maintain a Clean kitchen at all times
- Replenish utility items
- Collect all waste and dispose it off
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- An O level certificate
- Computer literate
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be hardworking, courteous and friendly.
- Must be able to work in a team, with minimum supervision and flexible.
- Must be able to stay calm in stressful moments.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
Perform other duties as required.