Jobs at:Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Provide nursing services in alignment to HIV and COVID 19 epidemic control while documenting the results in the EMRx and MoH /clinic data tools and contribute to CQI activities in line with the organizations vision, mission and core values.
1. Perform the required anthropometric measurements and vital observations inclusive of mental and SGBV assessment for all scheduled clients in line with good clinical practice and nursing SOPs.
2. Take history, perform a physical examination, make a nursing diagnosis and offer treatment for SRH and minor ailments of clients as well as immunizing clients as per the UNEPI standards.
3. Provide initial treatment for clients requiring admission and follow them up on the ward in line with good clinical practice.
4. Conduct health education sessions in the waiting areas for clients attending the clinic in line with the Baylor Uganda Nursing SOPs.
5. Conduct quality assurance and implement infection control & prevention measures at all times during provision of nursing services according to MOH & Baylor Uganda infection control guidelines
6. Conduct infectious disease monitoring to each client presenting related suggestive symptoms as they report to the clinic, identify, attend and provide relevant health education to the isolated clients and there after refer them for high management in line with infectious control measures
7. Prepare and submit periodic data driven work plans and evidence- based reports aligned to ‘CQI and gender aspects’ to the supervisor as per Baylor –Uganda Nursing Standard Operating Procedures and BSC.
8. Participate in CQI project development and write abstracts, manuscripts and case reports and disseminate findings in journals and other fora in line with Baylor –Uganda CQI guidelines.
9. Provide pandemic disease prevention health education and offer vaccinations including those for COVID 19 and the routine UNEPI vaccines.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• A diploma in nursing or midwifery from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body.
• A training in COVID 19, CQI and HIV/AIDS with ART management is an added advantage
• 2 years of HIV/AIDs related work experience that serves children as well.
• Have Key personal competences in team and communication skills
• Must be dynamic, Persuasive & convincing, self- motivated
• Able to demonstrate high initiative.
• 2 Years Relevant Experience
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://careers.baylor-uganda.org/jobs/job-application/282/opportunity-welcome