Job Title: People Operations Manager – Numida Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Numida Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Numida Uganda Profile:
We’re looking for a key contributor to our growing company; someone who is passionate about using their skills and experience to help entrepreneurs grow their companies and ultimately create social impact. At Numida, we strongly value teamwork, client success, and doing what’s right. We experiment and learn, we are resilient optimists, and we have a lot of fun. We are looking for a like-minded individual that will live these values with us to propel Numida to new heights.
Our People Operations Manager will ensure we are building and retaining an exceptional team of professionals. People are our most important asset and you will ensure we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our mission and objectives. Promoting our organization’s values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of this role. The People Operations Manager will report directly to the Uganda Country Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The principal functions of the People Ops Manager include:
• To provide leadership and technical support for strategic Talent planning and acquisition.
• Support Talent performance, learning, and growth
• Human Resources Policy Review, Development, and Legal Compliance
• Owning or contributing to the successful delivery of all Human Resource & Organizational Culture initiatives/projects
• Work with hiring managers to develop and refine job descriptions, announcements, and coordinate recruitment
• Develop selection assessment tools (Eg. interview questions, case studies, and rating standards) in close collaboration with management
• Support the hiring managers with the review of online applications, evaluating qualifications of candidates, conducting interviews, and developing shortlists of potential candidates.
• Recommend system improvements to current recruitment processes to ensure streamlined, cost-effective, and high-quality services.
• Develop tools for enabling a smooth on-boarding process for new employees, and monitor the orientation process to confirm adherence to the orientation programs
Talent Learning and Growth
• Develop a structural process to identify learning and development needs and ensure that performance gaps or skills gaps are addressed effectively.
• Build a comprehensive Learning and Development model to support growth.
• Evaluate the impact of L&D on performance and behavior improvements to provide recommendations for future actions
• Coach and train managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, discipline management, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them.
• Update and maintain trackers and databases on Learning and Development initiatives and provide regular progress reports on their execution
Policy development, Implementation, and Compliance
• Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence, health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters
• Assist in the development, communication, and upkeep of HR-manual, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contribute to the development of policies
• Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve the efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole, and to improve the employee experienc
• Ensures legal compliance with applicable employment laws
• Manage the operations of the disciplinary activities including the required paperwork, investigative report analysis and communications
Monitor and support our Performance culture
• Coordinate performance evaluation procedures, guidelines, documents, and training material.
• Follow up on performance evaluation recommendations including monitoring staff on Performance Improvement Plans
• Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee performance by training managers and counseling employees and supervisors
• Support/facilitate performance-related training & coaching including evaluation tools & forms
Data management and HR administration
• Maintain and update employee files
• Manage employee benefits programs and immigration requirements
• Own budgets and logistics for all the staff engagement activities
• A self-driven, results-oriented high achiever ready to take on a lot of responsibility and ownership to drive Numida’s growth and support its people
• A perpetual efficiency seeker who constantly identifies new opportunities for improving processes and generates creative solution
• A highly disciplined multi-tasker with the ability to balance a consistent heavy workload while implementing process improvements
• A highly organized but adaptable planner who excels at goal setting, devising and executing action plans, and performing ex-post evaluations of both processes and results
• A curious, intelligent, analytical and structured problem solver who efficiently gathers information and assesses situations with a systemic view to identify the best course of action
• A great communicator who speaks and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using effective communication tools and techniques
• A team player who is not afraid to ask for help when needed & uses feedback to iterate rapidly
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Administration, Business Administration, or related field.
• Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration or a related from an accredited institution
• Strong knowledge of existing labour laws
• 3 to 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility, including at least 2 years of management experience
How To Apply for Numida Uganda Jobs 2021
Deadline: 20th May 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.