Job Title: Maintenance Controller – Nile Breweries Jobs 2021
Organization: Nile Breweries Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Nile Breweries Profile:
Nile Breweries Limited (NBL) was established in 1951 by a group of businessmen, associated with the Construction of Owen Falls Dam. After several ownerships, SABMiller Plc, the world’s 2nd largest brewer in the world, acquired the company in 2001 from the Madhvani family. The combined capacity of Nile Breweries Limited with two plants in Jinja and Mbarara stands at 2.45 million hectolitres of beer, making NBL the No 1 provider of locally produced beer in Uganda with a 59% market share. The company was recognized as The Investor of The Year 2015 by Uganda Investment Authority.
Jinja Plant This is the NBL heritage plant, with a total capacity of 1.8 million hectolitres of beer. The plant sources water from the Source of River Nile on Lake Victoria, giving credence to one one of its brands, Nile Special being a “True Reward from the Source”
Mbarara plant In 2011 Nile Breweries Limited undertook a study to determine whether new capacity should be added by expanding the Jinja plant or via a greenfield brewery at another location in Uganda. Work on the new Mbarara brewery in Western Uganda was completed in 2013 with a total investment $90.6 million. President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni launched the plant on August 22, 2013. Mbarara has an initial capacity of 650,000 hectoliters of beer per annum, expandable to 1.8 million hectoliters.
The total investment in the new Mbarara Brewery is $90.6 million, and follows hard on the heels of the $29 million expansion of the Jinja brewery in 2009, and the $25.6 million malting and effluent treatment plant projects in 2011, bringing our capital investment in major projects in Uganda to over $200 million in the last 5 years.
Our headquarters are situated at our main distribution depot in the capital, Kampala.
The company is now a proud part of the ABInBev family after the successful completion of the business combination with SABMiller plc.
Our brands Nile Breweries Limited is the producer of: Nile Special, Club Pilsener, Eagle Lager, Eagle Extra, Eagle Dark, Nile Gold, Castle Milk Stout, Redd’s, Redd’s Vodka Lemon, Castle Lite, Chibuku and Club Twist – a 2% ABV flavored beer.
Co-ordinate, coach and control the activities of the level four maintenance teams in the production environment and to provide specialist technical advice to ensure maximum equipment availability.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence safety, health and environmental legislation and procedures
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
- Facilitate Sustainable Development initiatives
- Locate plant, equipment, spares and relevant documentation / systems
- Plan and prepare the job
- Carry out repairs / maintenance
- Continuously improve (optimise) plant, process equipment and systems
- Operate plant and process equipment
- Calibrate instruments.
- Communicate effectively in teams
- Contribute to self and team development
- All work is carried out using the VPO principles
- Understands, Implements and Complies to the GOP requirements
- Sustains what has been implemented.
Qualifications for Nile Breweries Jobs 2021
- Bachelors of Science Eng. (Mech. /Elect.) or equivalent; a Diploma in Packaging (IBD) is added advantage
- Diploma in Engineering(Mechanical/Millwright) or equivalent and trade 3 to 5 years production Engineering experience with 3 years in supervisory level Knowledge of Brewing and Packaging plant will be an advantage PC literate (Proficiency in Microsoft office applications)
- Min – 3 – 5 years production engineering in a FMCG environment
- 2-3 Years mechanical/electrical with in-depth workshop knowledge. Planning experience required
- Ability to manage a maintenance department.
- Mental alertness.
- Analytical and evaluations skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Articulate communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- People handling ability.
- Accuracy, judgement, decisiveness and persuasiveness.
- Work organization and drive.
- Motivational and developmental skills.
- Enforce required standards
- High flexibility
How To Apply for Nile Breweries Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 31st August 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.