Job Title: – NFA Uganda Jobs 2022 13 Forest Supervisors
Organization: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Reports to : Sector Manager/Plantation Manager
Duty Station: Field based and ready to work in hard-to-reach areas
Salary Scale: NFA 7 Terms of
Employment: Three (3) year contract (Renewable)
Transport Assistant Profile:
Joint Medical Store (JMS) is a Church founded private not-for-profit organization whose mission is to supply medicines, medical equipment and related healthcare services, and training of assured quality to the people of Uganda at affordable prices; Whereas Gradian Health Systems is in the business of curating, manufacturing and selling medical technology and equipment.
Joint Medical Store (JMS) is a Church founded private not for profit organization whose mission is to Provide Affordable Quality Health Solutions through an Efficient Supply Chain System that Delivers value to Accredited Health Units and Other Stakeholders’.
Ensure protection and sustainable management of Central Forest Reserves.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Take full charge of the beat and manage the Central Forest Reserves (CFRs).
- Implement forest management plans including raising nursery seedlings, planting trees and regular forest boundary maintenance.
- Initiate, maintain and manage relationships with local communities.
- Participate in preparation and review of Forest Management Plans.
- Prepare and implement operational work plans, weekly activity schedules and targets and ensure their accomplishment.
- Supervise and report performance of all licensed activities within the beat and maintain an updated register.
- Ensure collection of projected revenue. • Participate in preparation and supervision of local contracts where applicable and certification of completion of work.
- Ensure regular maintenance of forest infrastructures.
- Monitor and regularly report on flowering and seeding (phenology) of trees.
- Plan, conduct and supervise forest patrols to ensure integrity of the forest.
- Participate in forest protection activities beyond the beat.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Forestry or Agro-forestry from a reputable institution.
- At least two (2) years working experience in a similar or related position in a reputable organization.
- Basic knowledge of forestry and environmental management.
- Minimum of twenty five (25) years of age.
- Good interpersonal, team building and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to manage the supply chain for silviculture, harvesting operations and logistics.
- High level of integrity, resilience and reliability.
- Entrepreneurial ability and result-oriented.
How To Apply for NFA Uganda Jobs 2022
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. NFA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to: The Executive Director National Forestry Authority Plot 10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi P. O. Box 70863, Kampala-Uganda Tel: 0312 – 264035/6; 0414-360400
Deadline: 31st August 2022
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise .