Job Title: O’Level Sanitary Officer – MUWRP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Job Location: Mukono Field Office
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) Profile:
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) was established in 2002 for the primary purpose of HIV vaccine development and building vaccine testing capability in Uganda. It is one of the 5 international research sites established by the Department of Defense (DoD) United States HIV Research Program (MHRP), a program centred at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) in Silver Spring, Maryland. MUWRP’s main facility is centrally located in Kampala, within a short distance from the Makerere University College of Health Sciences where the MUWRP laboratory is located. The main facility includes the clinic, administrative and data offices.
The candidate will serve as a sanitary officer for Makerere University Walter Reed Project field office in Mukono and will be charged with general cleanliness of all MUWRP – Mukono workstations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sweeping and mopping floors.
- Dusting, damp wiping, washing or polishing the furniture, ledges, window sills
- Keep records of sundries and replenishing consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required
- Using chemical agents to clean toilets, urinals, hand basins and sinks.
- Keep a check on cleaning stock levels and inform the supervisor of low stock levels (e.g. cleaning products)
- Maintain tidy and organized storage areas.
- Provide support to staff as requested and in accordance with own training/skill parameters
- Notify the supervisor of any repairs required
- Mix and dispose of all cleaning solutions appropriately
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
- Cleaning Project vehicles and motorbikes
- Loading and offloading of supplies and equipment when required
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Supervisors.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Sanitary officer will serve under the immediate supervision of the Field Administrator.
PHYSICAL ABILITY: Ability to professionally communicate in writing and verbally or other means deemed appropriate.
- At least an ‘O’ Level Certificate
- Physical fitness
- The candidate should be innovative and self-driven with good communication skills and proven integrity.
- High level of responsibility in handling the project property
- Willingness to put in extra time and effort when required is essential.
- Willingness to be trained in the Standard Operating procedures of jurisdiction
- Should be willing to start work immediately.
- Must have a recommendation letter from a MUWRP staff or acceptable responsible person
How To Apply for MUWRP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 16th April 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.