Job Title: Social Science – MRC/UVRI Uganda Jobs 2021 Research Assistants
Organization: MRC/UVRI Uganda
Location: Entebbe & Masaka
MRC/UVRI Uganda Profile:
The Unit is an internationally recognised centre of excellence with dominant research themes in the areas of HIV and emerging infections, vaccines and immunity, and chronic diseases and cancer.
Through a multidisciplinary approach, intersecting basic science, epidemiological research, social behavioural research and the conduct of new intervention evaluation studies, the Unit contributes knowledge on changing epidemics and diseases, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide.
Following the signing of strategic transfer agreements between the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Medical Research Council (MRC UK), the Unit formally joined LSHTM on 1st February 2018.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Translate study documents;
- Ensure that participants for the study are mobilized and recruited into the study;
- Administer study information to participants and obtain informed consent;
- Conduct in-depth interviews with study participants;
Ensure non-biased, consistent, complete and accurate data is collected from study
- Transcribe and translate all data collected;
- Conduct initial data analysis;
Work in close collaboration with staff from other programmes and external researchers as
may be appropriate; and,
Undertakes any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Communication and reporting
- Prepare and submit study updates/reports to the Study Principal Investigator; and,
Contribute to dissemination of study findings including assisting in drafting of progress
reports/peer reviewed manuscripts.
- Study specific roles as per Delegation of Duty/ Authority document; and,
- Other duties as may be assigned by the relevant authority as deemed necessary.
Ensure proper accountability of project resources in line with MRC/UVRI & LSHTM policies;
- Ensure study participants’ time / transport compensation payment.
- Work with the Social Science Team Lead and the study team.
S/he is expected to interactwith staff at the site and the collaborators from the Rakai Health Sciences Programme (RHSP) as well as other members of the public in a cordial and friendly manner in order
to establish a good working relationship in order to achieve the project goals.
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences or related;
- Short courses on research methods and GCP training are an added advantage;
At least three years’ experience in an international Organisation or research based
Experience in a clinical research setting, preferably including experience in social and
behavioural science research;
- Prior interviewing experience;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good command of both English and Luganda;
Should possess knowledge on design of qualitative research tools, data collection,
handling and reporting; and,
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
How To Apply for MRC/UVRI Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably quali?ed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should send your application at the link below.
Filling the form more than once will lead to automatic disqualification.
Combine all your application documentation i.e. cover letter, CV & academic documents into one PDF document.
Strictly follow the application procedure as failure to do so will lead to automatic disqualification. Only online applications will be accepted.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Head of Human Resources,
MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit,
P.O. Box, 49,
Consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of bthe advert.
Application Deadline: 26th Feb 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.