Job Title: Study Clerk – MRC/UVRI Jobs 2021
Organization: MRC/UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Position Code: SC-1021
MRC/UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit Profile
The MRC/UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit is an internationally recognised centre of excellence with dominant research themes in the areas of HIV and emerging infections, vaccines and immunity, and chronic diseases and cancer. Through a multidisciplinary approach, intersecting basic science, epidemiological research, social-behavioural research and the conduct of new intervention evaluation studies, the Unit contributes knowledge on changing epidemics and diseases, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide. Following the signing of strategic transfer agreements between the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Medical Research Council (MRC UK), the Unit formally joined LSHTM on 1st February 2018.
The Study Clerk will provide day-to-day data management support to the DOP study.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation of screening/enrolment packs and inform Nurse/Study; coordinators when running low on study documents in a timely manner;
- Maintain a consent tracking log for ICF;
- Perform Quality Control for all informed consent forms;
- Perform Quality Control procedures on all study CRFs and Logs;
- Generate and resolve data queries;
- Generate daily participant schedules;
- Perform trouble shooting for data devices (tablets and computers) in consultation with the Data Manager;
- Maintain a devices log to manage study data devices (computers and tablets);
- Assisting the Data Manager compile weekly/ monthly study progress reports;
- Attend staff and study meetings as scheduled;
- Effective and active liaison with other study staff and hospital workers;
- Willingness and availability to perform extra duties; and,
- Willingness and availability to work beyond the official working time.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or Higher Diploma equivalent in a health related field or social sciences;
- At least two years of experience working in a Health or clinical research data handling setting;
- Proficiency in computer use (MS word, Excel, Access, Nvivo);
- Good verbal and written communication skills; and,
- Good command of both English and Luganda.
How To Apply for MRC/UVRI jobs 2021
Follow the link below to fill a form and submit your application documentation:
- Filling the form more than once will lead to automatic disqualification. High level of integrity while filling the form is required and will be considered during shortlisting.
- Combine all your application documentation i.e. cover letter, CV & academic documents into one PDF document.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. This position is open to Ugandan nationals only. Strictly follow the application procedure as failure to do so will lead to automatic disqualification. Only online applications through the link provided will be accepted. You will receive a notification in your email if your application and documentation have been successfully received. In the event you are selected as the best candidate for the job, it will be a requirement to present certified copies of academic documents prior to contracting.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Head of Human Resources,
MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit,
P.O. Box, 49,
Deadline: 26 th November 2021