Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Job ID: 2021-2294
Social & Scientific Systems (SSS), a DLH Corporation company, serves federal government clients throughout the United States and abroad delivering technology enabled solutions in key health and human services programs. The Company's core competencies include secure data analytics and statistics, clinical trials and laboratory services, a full suite of public health research offerings, performance evaluation, system modernization, operational logistics and readiness, and strategic digital communications. DLH has over 2,000 employees serving numerous government agencies.
In consultation and collaboration with USG strategic information team and implementing partners, the monitoring and Evaluation specialist responds to all strategic information related activities such as developing strategies for improved data management information systems, data collection, cleaning, aggregation, analysis and dissemination especially for purposes of reporting on PEPFAR indicators to USG, USG agencies and other national stakeholders.
The Monitoring & Evaluation specialist reports to the Strategic Information team lead.
• Works with USAID, DOD, Peace Corps and STATE implementing partners to provide technical and program support to the collection, cleaning, aggregation, analysis and submission of the quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
• Participates in planning, designing and implementing of data quality processes aimed at reviewing and improving data.
• Participates in data collection and analysis, training of staff and USAID, DOD, STATE and Peace Corps implementing partners in PEPFAR M&E protocols, tools and assist in the dissemination of information for timely utilisation by OGAC, PEPFAR related USG agencies, implementing partners and key stakeholders.
• Assist in the dissemination of information for timely utilisation of data by OGAC, PEPFAR related USD agencies, USAID, Government of Uganda, Implementing partners and key stakeholders.
• Works with various SITES teams to ensure activity work plans and monitoring plans are properly implemented and results documented.
• Guides efforts to streamline and standardise USAID, DOD, STATE and Peace Corps implementing partners reporting efforts through dialogue on reporting processes and routine monitoring of the quality, accuracy and consistency of reporting.
• Supports the USG strategic information team to build capacity and utilise key information systems including SIMS, DATIM, HIBRID and the National DHIS2.
• Provides assistance to PEPFAR team in interpreting data on indicators, targets and results.
• Utilises appropriate data management systemsto monitor indicators on HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care activities.
• Analyses quarterly programmatic data submitted by implementing partners into the PEPFAR’s Data for Accountability, Transparency and Impact (DATIM) online system.
• Responds to requests from USG strategic information teams, implementing partners and national stakeholders for information and technical assistance on strategies for HIV/AIDs prevention, care and treatment activities.
• Support the development of various standards operating procedures.
• Support scheduling, organization, implementation and evaluation of quarterly data review meetings.
• Support districts and service delivery sites to conduct data quality assessment and improvement activities as identified by the USAID SI team.
• Support identification of training needs and facilitate competency-based M&E training of staff at service delivery sites and districts.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by SITES Strategic Information Technical Lead.
• Master’s degree in statistics/biostatistics or equivalent
• High level of competence on multiple statistical packages
• Experience of at least 7 years direct statistical data analysis using qualitative and quantitative methods
• At least 5 years using DHIS2 and other data systems to carry out health and HIV/AIDS data analysis
• A clear understanding of M&E functions on a project
• Experience working on US Government funded interventions is an added advantage
• Strong verbal and writing skills
• Strong time management skills
• Experience working in multidisciplinary environment with rapid turnaround of work products
• Willingness to travel upcountry and to spend long working hours
DLH is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply Now