Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – PSI Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
23 June 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for a suitable candidate to take on the role of Temporary Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to support the implementation of the Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Plan for all PSIU projects.
1. Roll-out M&E related initiatives e.g. digital platforms for all self-care interventions, data systems, tools, templates, procedures, and guides in line with data needs and track compliance in the use of data collection and reporting tools by staff and partners.
2. Update internal & external databases, and generate analytics to facilitate routine data to decision making for program improvement at all levels
3. Generate all the necessary data and information required for the development of internal and external program performance progress reports.
4. Conduct routine support supervision and data quality assurance visits across supported sites & partners to ensure accurate reporting of DMPA-SC Self Injection (SI).
5. Engage districts to support the rollout of new HMIS reporting tools and Data Quality Assurance guidelines that initiate SI reporting through the National reporting mechanism.
6. Train and build the capacity of health providers in public and private health facilities and Interpersonal Communication (IPC) agents on; DMPA-SC/SI documentation & Reporting, Learning, Adaption, and Knowledge Management.
7. Implement focused in-depth program improvement visits to generate insights, lessons learned and best practices that facilitate SI expansion monitoring.
8. Conduct routine critical reflection and learning (e.g. After-Action Reviews) at all levels using multiple sources of information and develop and monitor adaptation mechanisms.
9. Participate in the coordination of any research for subcontracted firms, as needed.
What are we looking for?
• Degree in Social Sciences, Population Studies, Social work, Economics or Statistics from a recognized university. Additional training in M&E is an added advantage.
• At least 2 years of progressive experience in monitoring and evaluation, of donor-funded programs, preferably in the health sector
• Experience in implementation of collaborative Learning and Adaptation
• Demonstrates practical experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods of data collection and data analysis
• Experience interacting with country governments, donor agencies, research organizations, and other local and international non-profit agencies.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with local government structures and international project management team to effectively oversee project implementation and work harmoniously as a team member.
• Experience in the use of Spreadsheet computer applications and statistical software packages.
• Strong skills in programming, customization of digital systems e.g. rollout of DHIS2, GIS, ODK and other mobile applications
• Must have excellent coordination skills with diverse team players
• Ability to analyze a variety of information and act consciously.
• Ability to organize, interpret and present it in meaningful oral or written form for varied audiences and provide solid analysis leading to sound decision making.
• Excellent interpersonal and team working skills and a high degree of computer literacy are preferred.
• Results-Focused, Drive Change / Foster Innovation, Customer Service Orientation and Develop Others.
• Ability to communicate clearly and with confidence
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
• Measurement: Evidence, research. metrics and evaluation inform our choices
• Pragmatism: We strive for excellence, but useful and timely are better than perfect
• Honesty: We act with integrity, share what we achieve, and admit when we fail
• Collaboration: Active partnering drives impact
• Trust: We have confidence in our people to make good decisions
• Commitment: We build local capacity and programs that last.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PSIU, and an updated CV ONLY to [email protected] indicating the Job title in the subject of the email.