Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Jobs at:Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the overall direction of the Director Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, the Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor is responsible for supporting the design and implementation of the project’s monitoring, evaluation and learning agenda. He/she will ensure functionality of systems to measure and document program process, outputs and impact results by routinely and systematically collecting and analyzing program data and presenting program results to project staff, and donors. The Senior M&E Advisor will supervise M&E officers.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
Project M&E systems
• Coordinate and work with other project staff (Technical advisors and officers) to design, implement and manage a robust project M&E system.
• Participate in the development and review process of the project’s Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP).
• Conduct frequent and routine data verification and quality assessment exercises as per project requirements.
• Participate in PEPFAR reporting to ensure timely submission of PEPFAR specific project data
• Ensure project specific reporting platforms are updated i.e. Project database, HIBRID, PRS, Trainet, FTF.
• On a regular basis, prepare and ensure timely submission of project performance monitoring plans, including developing and defining program indicators and sources of data, as well as contributing to annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports and other project documents.
• Track project monitoring indicators for all (or specified) project health component activities and periodically provide data to the project’s Senior Management Team.
• Document progress on outcome level indicators attributable to project interventions at appropriate geographical levels including community level indicators.
• Conduct routine and frequent data analyses, including designing of various innovative data presentation and visualization tools (including maps), and share results with supervisor and the project Technical team.
• Working with the concerned staff in development and management of project databases.
• Participate in the planning for dissemination and lessons learned and present results of program achievements and outputs in written reports and at conferences and meetings.
• Provide technical and coordination support to M&E officers to effectively and routinely support the Cluster project and different service delivery points i.e. health facilities and community centers.
Government HMIS strengthening
• Support the Cluster M&E Officers to provide technical and coordination support to district, facility and community teams to effectively and routinely collect, analyze, and report service delivery and program data and improve the quality of their records and data.
• Ensure that all stakeholders (including Cluster technical teams) in the collection and management of the data to be used by the project have a clear understanding of the results framework, indicators and the data collection tools.
• Work with District Biostatisticians to prioritize and plan jointly interventions to strengthen HMIS systems in the supported Districts.
• Using Quality improvement methods, support M&E officers to initiate quality improvement projects to improve data quality and enhance data use
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics or Social Sciences
• Master’s Degree in Statistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, or a relevant field.
• At least Eight (6) years of relevant professional experience in leading M&E processes, including routine health and survey data management for complex health systems and/or service delivery programs.
• Experience with conducting research and evaluation in Health Systems Strengthening, HIV/AIDS, malaria, family planning, maternal, newborn and child health, or nutrition is desirable.
• Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
• Experience with managing conventional and QI databases, including data analysis and manipulation, and designing of creative data visualization tools.
• Proven proficiency in statistical software such as STATA, EpiInfo or similar, specifically for analysis of public health data and large datasets.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills with ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
• Proven ability to set priorities, multi-task, and work collaboratively as well as independently.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: [email protected] The application deadline is Friday 6th August, 2021 at 12:00pm.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Date of Expiry
Friday, 6 August 2021