Monitoring and Assessments Officer
Jobs at:Children of Grace
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Reports to: CoG Operations Manager
Line Manages: None
Hours: Full Time
This position is responsible for the Children of Grace Uganda community needs assessments, beneficiaries profiling, child enrolment, initial assessments, home assessments and students’ follow-ups..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each of the requirements listed below which are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
THE MAIN DUTIES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
• Child Home assessments (65%)
• Community needs assessment (10%)
• New profiles identification (10%)
• Students follow-up and investigations (10%)
• Others (5%) Child Home Assessments (65%)
• Conducting in-depth annual home assessments/re-assessments for all continuing students to ascertain the levels of need and additional support needed for the children for child.
• Conduct the initial child assessments for newly sponsored students and submit that information to the Administrative Assistant to update the database.
• Updating the database with the information collected from the field and ensuring all students information is up to date and informative. Community Needs Assessments (10%)
• With the Direct supervision of the operations Manager, lead in identification of new communities for the expansion of children of Grace sponsorship and health programs through conducting field visits in the villages and completing school assessments, stakeholders’ analysis and social services availability.
• Conduct needs assessments for new children and do background checks to ascertain they meet the COG sponsorship criteria. New Profiles Identification and documentation (10%)
• Conduct Poverty Probability Index (PPI) for the new profiles, plan for picture taking and work with the photographer to submit the pictures and children’s write-ups. Students follow-ups and investigation (30%)
• Conducting investigations in cases that may have been identified and there is need for more information. Other responsibilities (5%)
• Other duties as required, including occasional work on weekends and public holidays for which time off in lieu can be taken in consultation with the Director of Operations.
• Preferred: Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Development studies, Social Sciences or related field and specialized training in M&E.
• 3 years’ work experience in a busy NGO doing Monitoring, Reporting, Community Assessments and Evaluation.
CORE COMPTENCIES AND SKILLS
• Commitment to understanding and supporting the vision and mission of Children of Grace.
• Compassion and appreciation for orphans and vulnerable children issues.
• Experience in Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation.
• Understanding of community needs assessment, data collection and participatory appraisals.
• Excellent computer and typing skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point.
• Ability to analyze problems and make sound operational decisions.
• Excellent organizational skills and methodological approach to program management.
• Attention to detail and strong project management skills.
• Ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to be a team player and leader.
• Professional attitude and appearance.
Individual must be results-orientated, highly self-motivated and have demonstrated analytical skills. The successful candidate will thrive in a multi-cultural environment as part of a rapidly growing and developing organization.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please send a motivation letter clearly demonstrating your ability to perform each of the areas in the Job Description and a 2 Page Resume to [email protected] by end of day 28th February 2021 with the subject of the email as the position you are applying for. NOTE: Generic Motivation Letters and Resumes will not be accepted and due to the volume of Applications ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.