Jobs at:Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Within Uganda , Kamuli , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Develop and implement systems, policies and procedures to ensure Quality of Care standards for Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH), Child health (CH), Adolescent health (ADH) at UNICEF supported districts and ultimately contribute to reduction of maternal, newborn, child and Adolescent morbidity and mortality.
1. Develop and monitor the implementation of MNH/CH/ADH work plan & budget in line with the district & MoH plans and budget.
2. Develop and maintain a competent & motivated MNH/CH/ADH staff in the UNICEF supported districts and health facilities (HFs) through regular mentorship in line with the Baylor Uganda Human resources manual and Uganda employment act.
3. Provide technical support to establish/strengthen and maintain functional neonatal health care referral/linkage systems in supported districts for high-risk babies and mothers to have high-risk newborns mapped in line with MoH guidelines for MNH.
4. Periodically assess sites for capacity gaps and progress on key MNH/CH/ADH indicators and make recommendations to inform intervention for improved service delivery in line with MoH guidelines.
5. Support initiation and monitoring of relevant QI projects to respond to identified MNH/CH/ADH service gaps and build capacity of district and HF QI/MPDSR committees in line with MoH guidelines.
6. Provide technical assistance to HF teams to establish/strengthen infection control and waste management systems for provision of MNH/CH/ADH services in line with MoH Biosafety and Health Care Waste management guidelines.
7. Develop and strengthen partnerships & networks with districts, CBOs, NGOs and other influential groups for a coordinated and harmonized response for improved MNH/CH/ADH outcomes.
8. Provide technical support during the development of periodic performance targets for MNH/CH/ADH in ‘district/HF’ PMPs and cluster PMPs, monitoring implementation and harmonized reporting with other project activities by the cluster & district/HF then produce periodic reports to key stakeholders in line with objectives.
9. Participate in MNH/CH/ADH proposal writing for sustainability or continuity and in maternal health related operational research through development of abstracts, manuscripts and case reports and disseminate findings in journals and other fora in line with Baylor-Uganda research guidelines.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• A Master’s degree in Medical-Obstetrics and Gynaecology or Paediatrics and child Health with a background of a degree in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery or Masters in public health with a background of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery,
• Health systems management training.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in MNH/CH/ADH programs/projects with a reputable NGO, and direct experience working with government and donor representatives.
• Have key personal competences in Teamwork and communication skills, must be dynamic, Persuasive & convincing, self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
• 5 Years Relevant Experience
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://careers.baylor-uganda.org/jobs/job-application/288/opportunity-welcome