- Providing technical support to healthcare facility teams in the application of MoH MNCH Quality of Care standards to address performance gaps, including;
- Use of QoC standards tools to conduct assessments and,
- Use of improvement methods in identifying root causes of performance gaps, designing, implementing and documenting corrective actions
- Provide ongoing coaching to QI teams at different stages of implementation of QI projects, including assessing and addressing service provider gaps in knowledge and skills through coaching
- Assist facility teams in monitoring of results to determine whether improvements have taken place, including documenting improvement actions and processes in appropriate tools
- Assist and mentor facility teams to present and analyze their own data in simple ways, including using frequency time graphs or any other methods
- Help facility teams design improvement activities, maintain contact with site improvement teams, including following up on objectives set on a weekly or monthly basis
- Support onsite basic emergency obstetric and newborn care clinical skills mentorships as needed
- Support improvements in the quality of MNCH and nutrition data, accurate and timely reporting and use of data by facility teams to facilitate improvement in service delivery processes and client outcomes
- Document and provide weekly reports on progress made by the Health facility QI teams including challenges faced and how these were solved, and any issues that may need additional support from MNCH Activity or other actors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- A Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Midwifery or Nursing or a diploma in in Clinical Medicine
- Experience in management and delivery of Basic Emergency Obstetric and newborn care services at facility level
- Knowledge and experience in application of national QI approaches, and Maternal Newborn Health quality of care standards
- Training and experience as an obstetric and newborn care services Trainer of Trainers and/or mentorship and coaching in the same areas will be of added advantage
- At least three years of experience in implementing Quality Improvement approaches and use of related tools to support facility-based Quality Improvement teams in maternal, and newborn care
- Possession of a valid registration certificate from the relevant professional regulatory bodies.
- Excellent facilitation, communication or interpersonal skills is a must
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of departmental objectives to provide administrative and technical support.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and provide corrective action.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of moderate scope that require analysis of data and various factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined policies and procedures to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Decisions made generally affect own job or specific functional area.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Receives instruction on new assignments.
- Typically reports to a Manager.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
- 10% – 25%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.